Top 3 oil filters under $6.00

Status
Not open for further replies.
Everyone has an opinion on oil filters , most all do there job , Some better than others. But for under six bucks what would be your top 3 choices? List your favorite first..

Napa Gold
Motorcraft
Purolator PureOne (threaded end bypass would make this number one)

I agree with jeepman's list. Only the order for me would depend on the specific filter part number and the season. (Threaded end bypass to me has most value in the winter.)

In fact, I think that would be my list even if the cost wasn't restricted to six dollars.

Since we only own Ford's it's an easy choice. Two FL820S' and one FL200. The FL820S' can be had at Walmart for about $3.30 and the FL200 @ AA for around $5.00. Both have the threaded end bypass valve and at least the FL820S has been tested to 10,000 OCI with no detrimental impact on the oil. The solids in the UOA was low after 10,000 miles.

Whimsey

quote:

Originally posted by Whimsey:
Since we only own Ford's it's an easy choice. Two FL820S' and one FL200.

The same thing here.
For those of us who own Ford/Mazda there was always an easy choice - Motorcraft.
I use FL2005 with the orange ADBV priced $4.50 at Walmart.
I practice long OCI's, usually longer than 10K.
I used to cut them up after the oil changes, they all looked very good.
The oil analysis also showed low insolubles.

Any Purolator, Champ Labs made filters, Any Wix made filters.
smile.gif

For those of you who like Motorcraft oil filters but don't like to spend all of your money at Wally World, Autozone has the Motorcraft oil filters on sale for 2 for $6. This includes the 1A, the 400, the 820 and a few other popular numbers. Best of all, this applies at the cash register, not through some slow rebate through the mail. Restrictions: only 2 per day, but maybe your could bring your Chevy buddy along and he could buy a few for you also. Offer is good for a few more days. (at least here in the Midwest) It doesn't apply to the high priced filters that you diesel lovers need, but what do you expect?

quote:

Originally posted by Kruse:
For those of you who like Motorcraft oil filters but don't like to spend all of your money at Wally World, Autozone has the Motorcraft oil filters on sale for 2 for $6.

Hope it's nationwide.
cheers.gif

Fl-200 is replaced by FL-300.

FL-2005 is the same as FL-400 with an anti-drainback valve, used on Zetec Ford engines to prevent valvetrain noise at start-up.

Which OEM Filter? Ford, Toyota, Honda, etc.

Wix and Napa Gold are all over $6 here
frown.gif

So i guess my top 3 would be..

Purolator Pureone
Baldwin
Bosch

Best bang for the buck would have to be Supertech. But for under $6? There are much better choices out there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back