Top 3 oil filters under $6.00

Status
Not open for further replies.
So if i were to give you $6, tell you to buy an oil filter for your car, and then give me back any change.. You would buy a supertech? Why not a pureone? Or any other filter for that matter.

BALDWIN, PURALATOR PUREONE, PURALATOR PREM.PLUS Im suprised to see so many supertech diehards, I guess price is as important as quality,It looks like junk.. But it must be getting the job done. Doesnt seem like anyone has had any problems with them. Thought we would have a few more Balwdin fans.. Maybe its because there not as easy to find. Puralator is top notch also..

I threw 5 new Baldwin B2s is in the garbage. Had cold start chatter with the first two I tried. I purchased them online and still have three left for another two vehicles I own. Hopefully, those three won't disappoint me like the others.

I will never buy a Baldwin again thou.

Fram
Pennzoil
Defense
lol.gif

quote:

Originally posted by sxg6:
So if i were to give you $6, tell you to buy an oil filter for your car, and then give me back any change.. You would buy a supertech? Why not a pureone? Or any other filter for that matter.

OK, I'll play. For anything up to & including the full $6, I'd choose(assuming I could find them for Wix(at that price, definitely 1st choice for me)
Pure One
Motorcraft

quote:

quote:Originally posted by sxg6:

On your nickle? Sure. PureOne ...or even M1 if I pick up the rest of the tab over $6. But if I'm buying a filter for one of my older rides that have gone past 90% of the wear that they're ever gonna see ...the type of car that was either bought used or already had high mileage pre-BITOG ..and is only going to see 10k max and still get its two OCIs a year on cheaper oil ..then that engine's gonna see a ST.

Now something that I'm doing extended drains on ..sure. You can see in PC that the particles are progressive with time/mileage. If you're going out long ..then a finer filter makes sense. If you're not ..then it makes less sense ..especially given the cost added for the $/mile
dunno.gif

Just my opinion
smile.gif

quote:

Originally posted by Kruse:
But..., but..., but..., (stammer) that could possibly be (gasp, aarg) a repainted orange can of DEATH!!

Yes, I would even take an OEM filter made by Honeywell built to OEM quality standards than one that is reverse engineered, built as cheaply as possible.

Well, the way I see it, most Asian based engines are "third world rated". Pound them silly ..they come back for more ..and for a long time. So it makes sense for them to build them to the third world standard of Honeywell as their expected level of filtration.....so that anything else is a step up and can only add "enhanced perceived value" to the car.
grin.gif
j/k

The Baldwin B2-HPG around here are $12 ea.I use them and like them.Now for a $6 filter my choice are Napa Gold,Purolater Premium Plus,Baldwin...no particular order.

quote:

Originally posted by Red Dog:
Im suprised to see so many supertech diehards, I guess price is as important as quality,It looks like junk..

Oh, boy, here we go!

What, specifically, in your opinion "looks like junk" on the SuperTech filters?

They're actually very good filters, and it just so happens that they're very reasonably priced, too.

My top three filters under $6 would be:

Wix
Purolator (PureOne followed by Premium Plus)
Motorcraft / AC Delco
SuperTech

Whooops! That's four....er, six!
smile.gif

I'd feel comfortable using any one of the above filters on any of my vehicles.

quote:

Originally posted by Ray H:
SuperTech
SuperTech
SuperTech

Might as well buy a Fram.....

Wix..Napa Gold...(same thing)
Denso
Purolater PureOne...but has flow restriction issues in some applications...

Over $6...Mobil 1....K&N

i looked at super tech and it bothers me why anyone would want to use such a terrible looking filter small inlet holes and outlets...i will stick too motorcraft, wix, ford racing filters

Astrovic , Im sure for 2 bucks the ST is good enough, all im saying is it looks cheap compared to other filters, I guess ill cut one open and compare to a Premium Plus, I can usually get a prem.plus for 3 bucks or less on sale..So for an extra buck ( MY OPINION ) is its worth it. Maybe im wrong , who knows , But thats what makes BITOG so great, all the opinions , And does anybody really know?? I agree with Boxcartomie22, but ill holler back after I cut one open ..It sounds like a no brainer.. Prem.Plus over ST for an extra buck...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back