Toaster Oven Treats

What tasty treats do you make in your toaster ovens? I like making a tuna melt or a Croque Madame. Here's tonight's Croc. Basically, a ham and cheese sandwich, topped with béchamel sauce, topped with a fried egg, and topped with more cheese. Then it gets baked in the toaster oven. I like to put a little tomato paste mixed with heavy cream and horseradish on it.

I don't eat the whole thing. I put half in a Food Saver bag and freeze it for later use. Today I ate it with mixed veggies drizzled with a little butter.

The egg is not easy to see under the cheese.

Last edited:
Asparagus wrapped in ham, topped with cheese, and baked in the toaster oven. The lemon and pepper-flavored cheese sauce was made in a pan. I only had skinny asparagus so I wrapped three instead of one in ham. I didn't have prosciutto, so I used uncured ham, and my sauce got a little lumpy because I was inattentive.

I'm using a counter-top, convection oven, and since I got it a rarely use my regular oven. I'm glad to see that you're using yours for more than toast or a baked potato.

I'm using a counter-top, convection oven, and since I got it a rarely use my regular oven. I'm glad to see that you're using yours for more than toast or a baked potato.
It's got a convection feature and also a rotating spit attachment. I can roast a 4-lbs chicken in there. For cooking for one, the small toaster oven is very convenient.

Tuna melt with an egg on killer Dave's bread. Safe. Safe Catch but still no more than 2 cans per week. The egg was in exchange for services rendered and the grapefruit was from my tree. I got the avocado from a roadside vendor, $5 for 5 avos.

I dunno. Pop Tarts?

I've used mine to make chocolate chip cookies, but it takes a little bit of finesse to get it toasted right where it's nicely browned but not burnt - by covering for a few minutes with foil.

A baked tortilla stuffed with cheese, two eggs, an uncured sausage, tomatoes, and greens. This can be made just as easily in a frying pan but will need a bit more attention. Super-crispy tortilla. Don't burn it or it gets bitter.

Back