Tire recomendation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just bought a very clean 2007 Mercury Grand Marquis with 41,000 miles. It presently has Michelins but they will need replacement soon. Any recommendations for tires in 230/60-16?

DTD has been having their 4 tire $100 off promo the last couple of Black Friday sale. Maybe see what they have and read some reviews on various tires for your car.

Tire rack reviews is the best way to choose tires.

Make sure you filter reviews from owners who have the same / similar car as you.

Didnt see tires in the 230/60/16 size but saw some in the 225-60-16. I have heard good things about the new Michelin Defender. I found the Michelin Symmetrys simply an average tire.

Originally Posted By: oilstudent24
Didnt see tires in the 230/60/16 size but saw some in the 225-60-16. I have heard good things about the new Michelin Defender. I found the Michelin Symmetrys simply an average tire.

Sorry, meant 225/60-16. Typing with a grandkid in your lap isn't easy.

I have Yokohama Avid Touring-S 225/60-16 on LS400, it is very good on dry and wet roads, no snow in So Cal so I don't know. The price is very reasonable for the size and mileage warranty.

Other tires you may want to check out: Hankook Optimo H727, Pirelli P4 Four Seasons and Continental ProContact with EcoPlus Technology.

I have a much smaller car than you but I absolutely love the cooper cs4's we put on my wife's versa! They have 2k on them and are one of the better tires we have had thus far. The big test will come in a month or two when the snow starts to fly!

After consulting Tirerack an a couple other sites I am leaning toward Michelin Defenders. I am really surprised by the really so so reviews of Goodyear tires. Years ago when I supported myself selling tires Michelin and Goodyear were considered the best of the best. I had really good luck with Goodrich tires on my last car but I realize most of the old line brands are now owned by other companies. I really don't plan to put more than one set of tires on this car. The Michelins seem to be the way to go.

I would go Michelin.

Before I retired my NHS Trust used Goodyear tyres for probably 20 years, when the Ambulance fleet moved from LDV Convoys with the V8 engine to 2.7cdi Sprinters the problem with shoulder wear become apparent.

They changed over to Michelins in 2007 and the shoulder wear on the Sprinters stopped overnight, I think they were running the G26 tyre?? But the Michelins lasted better and as far as the Response Cars went the Astra hatchbacks were fine on Michelin Energy but the Mk2 Zafira (small 7 seat mpv) was very twitchy on the few that had Energys fitted, most were fitted with the Primacy HP tyre and much better than any of the GoodYears, they had used Gooryear NCT 5s, Goodyear Fast Response and GoodYear Excellence over the years.

Michelin have just brought out the new Energy + and Primacy 3. Apparently the Energy + has been improved to deal with the dismal wet grip.

The Energy was fine for normal use, but not for blue light response driving.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back