Tire Rack now carries Cooper tires

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: CapriRacer
Originally Posted By: pbm
I will agree that the Chinese are great at COPYING what others invent.....I don't think they have invented anything since gunpowder. ........

That used to be said about the Japanese. (minus the gunpowder part!)

Given that Karl Benz is credited with inventing the car, and Robert William Thomson the pneumatic tire, I wonder if the Europeans said that about the US?

The British leveled the same complaint at the early US, that we just copied their stuff poorly and had no respect for intellectual property rights. Once a developing country builds up industry by copying, they can start to work more on improvements.

A bit of a tangent point here but if you are getting a brand name anything for a real good price it's a good idea to check it out. For example, Ever go to a Honda power equipment store and price their lawn mowers? Then you head over to Home Depot or another giant box store and you see Honda lawnmower for way way less. How do they do it? Simple. The big box Hondas are not made by Honda. They are made by MTD. You do get a Honda engine with it. Honda agrees to a price and then gets a third party to make the equipment. This also goes for televisions and for tires. In this case, I'll bet that Cooper has an agreement with a tire manufacturer to make spec tires for them to be sold thru DT or TR. Go to a authorized Cooper dealer and you will get the real Coopers.

Originally Posted By: PimTac
....I'll bet that Cooper has an agreement with a tire manufacturer to make spec tires for them to be sold thru DT or TR. Go to a authorized Cooper dealer and you will get the real Coopers.

I'll bet you they don't.
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: jjjxlr8
....I'll bet that Cooper has an agreement with a tire manufacturer to make spec tires for them to be sold thru DT or TR. Go to a authorized Cooper dealer and you will get the real Coopers.

I'll bet you they don't.
smile.gif

I'm going to second that.

The tire industry suffers from over capacity and has for quite some time. While I am aware of a few instances where one manufacturer has another make tires with their name on them, it is extremely rare. And going to a brand name dealer doesn't eliminate that. Those tires would be stocked right along with those produced internally.

A bit of a tangent point here but if you are getting a brand name anything for a real good price it's a good idea to check it out. For example, Ever go to a Honda power equipment store and price their lawn mowers? Then you head over to Home Depot or another giant box store and you see Honda lawnmower for way way less. How do they do it? Simple. The big box Hondas are not made by Honda. They are made by MTD. You do get a Honda engine with it. Honda agrees to a price and then gets a third party to make the equipment. ...

You keep saying this about Honda mowers and you have been told it isn’t true of Honda mowers, including by Robert @ Honda, yet you continue to besmirch Honda mowers.

Can you tell us why, and why we should believe anything else you say since you appear so willing to spread untruth about Honda?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back