Tire drive #2 -Cooper CS4s

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, I got to test drive another tire....Cooper CS4s, a tire I've been thinking about getting myself.

A co worker picked up a nice 2000 Cavalier coupe in really good shape (130k) for 750. It needed tires, so he picked himself up a set of CS4s. Then we took it for a test drive...

I have to say, for 14s, these tires are pretty sweet! We even drove it like we stole it (don't worry, it was "babied" with some good stuff later) and the tires stuck like glue. And they were quiet both on the streets and on the highway. They really do give the Cavvy a "sportier" feel, I guess you could say.

It was enough to almost get me to replace the Goodyears on mine....even though I can wait a while.....

Fun tires!
thumbsup2.gif

I'll let everyone know how they wear.....

I had Coopers on one of my old old cars.. They were good. My friends also rave about some of their tires too. (Not sure which models)

They seem to be a solid value overall as a brand.

Trendsetter is bottom of the line. Previously mentioned CS4 is newest cutting edge technology. Same brand but totally different.

Cooper offers 45 day no questions asked replacement(with any brand you prefer for same dollar amount) if you'r not totally happy with CS4. How can you beat that?

Bob

Originally Posted By: alreadygone
Trendsetter is bottom of the line. Previously mentioned CS4 is newest cutting edge technology. Same brand but totally different.

Cooper offers 45 day no questions asked replacement(with any brand you prefer for same dollar amount) if you'r not totally happy with CS4. How can you beat that?

Bob

Very true....

Originally Posted By: Audi Junkie
I only had to return tires once, Falkens.

How come?

used TRENSETTERs for years . Never an issue . Did well in rain . etc.. Had low rolling resistance as well .

Originally Posted By: daves87rs

How come?

They would not take a balance on the Hunter at tire shop nor the Audi dealer. Cost me time and money.

Originally Posted By: daves87rs
Audi Junkie said:

How come?

They would not take a balance on the Hunter at tire shop nor the Audi dealer. Cost me time and money. [/]

Got ya.

I bought these tires in March and have 11,000+ miles on them. Still as quiet as the day they were new, and no visible wear either. A little past due for my second tire rotation.

I have the P225/50VR16 size, and although they have a V speed rating, the sidewalls are not as stiff as the Cooper Zeon Sport A/S tires they replaced. Not a true performance tire but great for everything else.

Originally Posted By: MI_Roger
I bought these tires in March and have 11,000+ miles on them. Still as quiet as the day they were new, and no visible wear either. A little past due for my second tire rotation.

I have the P225/50VR16 size, and although they have a V speed rating, the sidewalls are not as stiff as the Cooper Zeon Sport A/S tires they replaced. Not a true performance tire but great for everything else.

Nice! I'm thinking they would be good for michigan weather. How do you drive? Sounds like they are holding up to the potholes...

I would describe my driving style as assertive rather than aggresive. Highway speeds are 75MPH+, exit ramps at approximately twice the posted limit, hard acceleration from stops, but well planned braking distances (don't want to get rear ended).

I run dedicated snow tires in winter so I don't anticipate ever accumulating much snow or ice capability info for these tires.

Ah, with a little fun I see...

If I get the CS4s for the cav, there is a good chance they won't see much winter either...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back