Tire damage from car lift

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ndx

Hi Guys,

I had car on a lift and I didn't realize the arm edges we're pushing in to back tires..

Picture of damage, should I get new tires ?

Car was on lift for 2 weeks and was pushing against tire.not much but enough...

Seems like one thread part is damaged rubber pushed
IMG_20180430_170740.jpg

IMG_20180430_170659.jpg

This is the arm that caused it
IMG_20180430_172803.jpg

Last edited:
Do you feel any wobble when driving or hear any strange noise?

From the pictures, it looks like the damage is only to the tread area. It might just wear down/even out if you continue driving on it, or it may develop some strange wear pattern, not sure.

Didn't drive it yet ...
smile.gif
I will keep you guys posted.

Yes it's thread area one piece of thread is broken a little bit as you can see on first picture

Thx guys

It might be a little noisy until it wears more, I wouldn't worry too much, just keep an eye on it.

To put it into perspective punctures are worse and those are repaired and driven on without a second doubt, nobody throws out tires for those. Rashed tires too where the steel cord starts to show and people still drive them (even though that's a little scary). A little non-puncture damage to a part that's meant to absorb impact and wear is nothing.

Certainly not enough to condemn the whole tire without having driven it for a while. The stuff in the second picture will smooth within a week and you'll forget about the second one.

I cant see that doing anything, in some places cars have to park half on the sidewalk and jump curbs multiple times a day some even hang half on and half off with the tire all crunched up to blazes and still go on for years.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back