Thumbs up for Napa

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was at Napa today to pick up 5 quarts of their house brand 5w20 syn for my brother's Taurus. They only had one quart so the guy said hey we have mobil 1 5w20 for $7.50 per quart, and I said no offense but I can get that at Walmart for $23 for 5 quarts. He said since you are buying a bunch of stuff (buying a boat battery and some spark plugs) he would sell the mobil 1 for $24 for the 5 quarts. Pretty cool and is the reason I like to shop at Napa even though they tend to be the most expensive place around.

Same reason I always shop at Napa, and I think that's why Napa's prices are usually better (for me!)

I get great deals there, but I'm a familiar face, it really helps.

I usually shop at Napa as well, the parts people, at least at my local Napa, usually know what they are talking about and are mechanics too, or at least tinker around at home. Now when you are forced to go to the "Big Box" auto parts store, on sunday when my Napa is closed, the parts people are usually not familar with what you are talking about and if its not in the computer you are out of luck. Sometimes Napa is a little more expensive but its worth it when you get the right parts and don't have to go back and argue with the kids behind the counter that says well the computer says it was right.

Last edited:
I love businesses that provide real customer service. Glad to hear that your Napa is customer oriented....

I havn't use Napa very much myself...but will do so in the future.

The folks that work at my local Napa are complete morons. They make the people at the chain auto retailers like Autozone look like geniuses.

They are so bad I stopped going there. Too bad, I think Napa has some good products.

NAPA has some hard-to-find parts that no other place has. With the AAA discount, that makes it a good place to go.

Napa is the cheapest for most parts in town here. Last time I price shopped for spark plugs, oil and air filter, and brake pads I saved 25 bucks at NAPA over O Reillys.

My local NAPA was great until they were bought out by a large independent company. They are now WORTHLESS and I buy from Carquest.

At my NAPA they charge you the shipping on parts they have to order "from the warehouse". Thumbs way down!

Originally Posted By: sciphi
NAPA has some hard-to-find parts that no other place has. With the AAA discount, that makes it a good place to go.

Napa is the or was the only place where I could find a lower radiator hose for my car. I'm sure something else could be rigged, but this was the actual correct part for the application. Also they were the only ones where I could find an old Jeep clutch without going online. Thats also trying to go through a handful of local distributors, none of them could get it.

I don't regularly goto Napa for parts, but they are another place worth keeping in your arsenal for hard to find stuff.

I needed 4 tiny copper washers for the brake banjo bolts. I went to the
stealer ship and they could order for %2.80 each. I said no thanks!
Went to napa and they had 4 left. The guy said keep em it's not worth
writing up a receipt for them.

But I went their the next day for a serpentine belt. They wanted 51 bucks.
Too rich for my blood, so I ordered same belt from rock auto for 28 bucks.

Originally Posted By: lipadj46
I was at Napa today to pick up 5 quarts of their house brand 5w20 syn for my brother's Taurus. They only had one quart so the guy said hey we have mobil 1 5w20 for $7.50 per quart, and I said no offense but I can get that at Walmart for $23 for 5 quarts. He said since you are buying a bunch of stuff (buying a boat battery and some spark plugs) he would sell the mobil 1 for $24 for the 5 quarts. Pretty cool and is the reason I like to shop at Napa even though they tend to be the most expensive place around.

He got you to step up from store brand to mobil 1 and had you saying thank you
48.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back