Thoughts on Ford Taurus police interceptors?

Well, I need an excuse to talk myself out of this.

Recently looked at how much my honda was worth if I sold it to CarMax and those types of dealers. The best offer I got was 21,500$, which is a LOT more than what I paid for it.

While I love it to death (great gas mileage) I've been wanting to look at something different and well, frankly, more fun! (and so I can have $$ into other things)
AWD would be nice for the winters up here in MN as well.

Found a 2017 Taurus police interceptor with the 2.7l and AWD. Roughly 100k miles and 6.5k engine hours. Looks like it was a take-home car and it belonged to the highway patrol. Seems like a good price at 11k (with this market)

My question you the people out there is, how's it like owning one of these? Am I a total dunce for looking into one? I understand most do get run hard but the maintenance is generally spotless on these cars.
To anyone that also owns one, what's there to check out when looking into one?

Yeah, I think you guys are right. Just did some more research on this particular car, just, jikes!

ill be sticking with the honda....

Find a nice used Audi S4 or BMW 3-series (w/ sport or M-sport package), or maybe a Miata. But your in Minnesota, so you might need a top.

Leave the old cop cars for the folks crying about hard-to-find Crown Vics.

Well, I need an excuse to talk myself out of this.

Recently looked at how much my honda was worth if I sold it to CarMax and those types of dealers. The best offer I got was 21,500$, which is a LOT more than what I paid for it.

While I love it to death (great gas mileage) I've been wanting to look at something different and well, frankly, more fun! (and so I can have $$ into other things)
AWD would be nice for the winters up here in MN as well.

Found a 2017 Taurus police interceptor with the 2.7l and AWD. Roughly 100k miles and 6.5k engine hours. Looks like it was a take-home car and it belonged to the highway patrol. Seems like a good price at 11k (with this market)

My question you the people out there is, how's it like owning one of these? Am I a total dunce for looking into one? I understand most do get run hard but the maintenance is generally spotless on these cars.
To anyone that also owns one, what's there to check out when looking into one?
I'm in the same boat; I was thinking of selling me 17Accord in this market; I have roughly $12k equity in it; bought it in May 2020

now I was thinking to cash it and buy something in range $12K and be car payment free but if ou evaluate todays market closely what you'll get for 12K; in essence a car owning out right but at the same time my current accord is more of the vehicle just like others inerpreted for you

in the end its a wash or even a lose-lose situation; so hold on what you got, just as someone have suggested

I'm in the same boat; I was thinking of selling me 17Accord in this market; I have roughly $12k equity in it; bought it in May 2020

now I was thinking to cash it and buy something in range $12K and be car payment free but if ou evaluate todays market closely what you'll get for 12K; in essence a car owning out right but at the same time my current accord is more of the vehicle just like others inerpreted for you

in the end its a wash or even a lose-lose situation; so hold on what you got, just as someone have suggested
Yeah, I just looked into it and it's a lot worse then before I made the post lol.

I'll be keeping it unless a REALLY good deal pops up.

Yeah, I just looked into it and it's a lot worse then before I made the post lol.

I'll be keeping it unless a REALLY good deal pops up.
keep in your mind, in order to rip the benefits in todays market, you'll need to make two transactions; sure the first one is so easy because it is a sellers market, but your second transaction is most likely will bite you IMO

Markopolom I hope you realize just how bad the Ford Taurus really is as a driver. The car is cramped inside despite it's size.
I would almost make a bet that cops that had a Crown Vic and switched to a Taurus hate the Taurus.
Everyone I've known that drives an old cop car is weird.

The few ex-police cars I've test driven have been in really bad condition. I'd only consider one if it were some form of supervisors car that sat often and driven gently.

The typical cop car idles a lot, often goes from 0-70 wide open throttle, short trips, and overall abused heavily. Sure it is maintained but still it's a lot of abuse. Plus curb jumping, aggressive driving, hauling dirty suspects around and all that entails, and so forth.

Plus generally, a Honda beats a Ford for a reliable sedan.

also do not forget the gasoline prices these days and where they are heading in the near future;

endless to say a Prius is in high demand again over the night 😁

Thoughts on Ford Taurus police interceptors?​

Yes, I like 'em best when they are way in front of me.

OIP.orYNfeTDKDi90BGlWjzklAHaEK

keep in your mind, in order to rip the benefits in todays market, you'll need to make two transactions; sure the first one is so easy because it is a sellers market, but your second transaction is most likely will bite you IMO
Exactly. KBB on my truck is more than I paid for it 3 years ago. I could sell it for a great price.. Then go buy a new one which would still cost $25-30k more than what I get for mine.. No thanks

That's what I don't get.... I see all these people (here and elsewhere) talking about how much their current car is worth and they're p**ing their pants in excitement in anticipation of selling it. What are they going to buy though ? Another way over-priced used car ? 🤷‍♂️

That's what I don't get.... I see all these people (here and elsewhere) talking about how much their current car is worth and they're p**ing their pants in excitement in anticipation of selling it. What are they going to buy though ? Another way over-priced used car ? 🤷‍♂️
This x100. The only way the current market works for you is if you have a spare car hanging around for no good reason, or you want to do without a car for a while.

I could have dumped out of my Ranger, still could actually, and come out about $5k to the positive. But I can't replace it. I have a spare car, but since my other cars are older, I prefer to hang on to a 'spare' in case one of us wrecks a car or the 2003 Accord gives it up and we have to go to 2 cars.

Back