This is the oil used at my new job.

The pickups are all Fords. A few 6.0h no diesels and a bunch of 6.7 Diesels. A few gassers too. I put this oil in a 5.0L Coyote per my boss even though the 710 cap says 5w-20.

The 18 wheelers get this oil also. The C15 Cat and Detroit series 60 were originally specked for 15w-40.

They are on a very strict oci of 3k for the smaller trucks and 5k on the 18 wheelers.

Guess it works ok as everything has 200k+

Attachments

• IMG_20201111_155617.jpg
    IMG_20201111_155617.jpg
    86.4 KB · Views: 834
I’d have no problem running P66 oils - they seem to be solid, yet underrated.

But did Detroit Diesel backspec the S60 for 10W-30? The local transit authority tells me they’re still running Chevron Delo 15W-40 in their newest Cummins ISL/L9 powered buses despite the fact 10W-30 is OKed, probably because their older buses need the thicker stuff.

I’d have no problem running P66 oils - they seem to be solid

If I may ask, what oils don't seem to be solid? Mobil? Castrol? Pennzoil? Schaeffers? Valvoline? Chevron? Warren? All oils from any more or less established brand are "solid", let alone from the giant that a Conoco Phillips is. But thanks for telling us YOU would have "NO PROBLEM" running it. About as good of an endorsement, as a medal of honor for a human character 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️

It's good oil. They make (made) TropArtic oil, which is now Shield Choice. Their gasoline oil regularly sells for $2/quart in this area when purchased at Orschelsn, the farm store chain. Phillips/Conoco is the same refinery that makes Motorcraft and Kendall oils.

If I may ask, what oils don't seem to be solid? Mobil? Castrol? Pennzoil? Schaeffers? Valvoline? Chevron? Warren? All oils from any more or less established brand are "solid", let alone from the giant that a Conoco Phillips is. But thanks for telling us YOU would have "NO PROBLEM" running it. About as good of an endorsement, as a medal of honor for a human character 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️

Someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed today!

Never heard of this particular brand of oil. Wonder who makes it for them?
Philips 66. Which was brought back as a brand since ConocoPhillips spun off the downstream and retail ops. Kendall and 76 are also their retail brands.

Motorcraft and Honda’s oil is P66 too. The local Toyota dealer jumped from Chevron to Kendall now. Firestone and Goodyear company stores have used Kendall for years but Bridgestone and SOPUS signed a deal for Firestone company stores to pour Pennzoil.

Philips 66. Which was brought back as a brand since ConocoPhillips spun off the downstream and retail ops. Kendall and 76 are also their retail brands.

Motorcraft and Honda’s oil is P66 too. The local Toyota dealer jumped from Chevron to Kendall now. Firestone and Goodyear company stores have used Kendall for years but Bridgestone and SOPUS signed a deal for Firestone company stores to pour Pennzoil.
Thanks. I was unaware of all of that.

Back