Think im gonna make the switch to high mileage.. which one?

It amazes me that some want to see leaks before useing a HM oil. Be proactive! Use HM oils to hopefully prevent leaks before they start. Keep the seals conditioned all the time instead of trying to reverse seal shrinkage once it has began.

SuperTech HM synthetic is a fantastic oil at a rock bottom price. No need to overpay for anything.
I had a non leaking engine turn into a leaker half way into the change interval after switching to HM oil.. Has nothing to do with being proactive, that's what changing oil on a regular basis is all about. However some aren't happy unless their engine has problems.

I had a non leaking engine turn into a leaker half way into the change interval after switching to HM oil.. Has nothing to do with being proactive, that's what changing oil on a regular basis is all about. However some aren't happy unless their engine has problems.

You really think using HM oil caused your leak? Seriously?

This reminds me of people who go 30K - 40K miles with out changing their oil or filter, then blame Pennzoil (or whaterver) for causing problems after it finally got changed. I am willing to bet if you would have been more proactive, and started HM oils well before, the leak would not have happened.

Super Tech Full Syn is a great product. Since you've used it previously, and liked it, just keep on using it. Your wallet will be thankful.

Valvoline Advance Synthetic with Maxlife would be a good idea. Nothing wrong with high mileage oils. I am running this in the Caravan with 19k.
High Mileage oil meets the specs for your engine so problem with that.
Valvoline even states that you can use it from new with no effects and guarantees it for 300k if you follow the engine guarantee

This may be one of, if not the most, talked about topics on this site. Just search high mileage oil and you can spend a day reading all of the threads to get way more information and opinions that you could ever dream of.

I use Castrol High Mileage in my 98 Chevy K3500 with the 7.4L with 120,000 miles on it because it has a front seal leak that used to drip oil. I've used both Pennzoil and Valvoline HM in it in the past too. They all have worked and the leak no longer drips.

My '11 f150 5.0 is at 135k. Woukd like to keep this truck much longer so decided might be time to switch to a high mileage oil. Takes 7.7 quarts so don't want to spend an arm and a leg. Im very partial to pennzoil, but I have been using super tech synthetic in this truck.

How is the supertech synthetic HM?
Compared to the pennzoil?

Looking for something synthetic, high mileage, that I can get at wally world. Recommendation?
Brand means little. ILSAC AND API certifications and your owners manual..rule. I have 185,000 miles on my GM V6 3.5L. ..so I run the cheapest 5w-30 conventional..currently FVP.
Once upon a time seal conditioners were added to synthetic oils because of oil leak complaints. Is that true today?
Yes and no. I am transitioning to high mileage blend ...fills 4+1,3+2,2+3, 1+4,5...if no leaks, i will move up to FVP full synthetic...with similar rotation...if I live that long.

My '11 f150 5.0 is at 135k. Woukd like to keep this truck much longer so decided might be time to switch to a high mileage oil. Takes 7.7 quarts so don't want to spend an arm and a leg. Im very partial to pennzoil, but I have been using super tech synthetic in this truck.

How is the supertech synthetic HM?
Compared to the pennzoil?

Looking for something synthetic, high mileage, that I can get at wally world. Recommendation?
Brand means little. ILSAC AND API certifications and your owners manual..rule. I have 185,000 miles on my GM V6 3.5L. ..so I run the cheapest 5w-30 conventional..currently FVP.
Once upon a time seal conditioners were added to synthetic oils because of oil leak complaints. Is that true today?
Yes and no. I am transitioning to high mileage blend ...fills 4+1,3+2,2+3, 1+4,5...if no leaks, i will move up to FVP full synthetic...with similar rotation...if I live that lonh

I ran Quaker state HM 5w30 synthetic blend and MCFL500s on my 2011 5.0 F150 change every 4-5k or 5-6 month which ever come first . Same combo for my 2010 F150 5.4l 3v but with MCFL820s for strictly 3k or 3-4 month which ever come first .

then suddenly few day ago I went to Walmart and saw all Quaker state oil change label . I think the Quaker state HM blend is now qs all miles , not sure .

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Yeah I believe you are right about that label change ms. All mileage is or was Quaker State high mileage.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Yeah I believe you are right about that label change ms. All mileage is or was Quaker State high mileage.
I see . Imma try their full synthetic hm Quaker state . I thinks it’s like $18 something . Been asking they make this for years lol

Back