There sure seems to be a MAD RUSH to clear

Status
Not open for further replies.
the shelves of any SM, GF-4 oils at retail establishments.

Strauss Auto has a clearance sale on their name brand.
Advance Auto has a clearance sale on their name brand.
Tractor Supply had a clearance on their name brand and Mobil 1.

There are other retails having sales as well.....

Is there a deadline for retailers to have cleared their inventory of Synthetic and Conventional SM, GF-4 oils?

Yeah there are plenty of hoarding opportunities about right now, we just need to stock up now and stick it to them when they raise the prices 5-10% next month by not buying any oil for a year or more until the stash is used up.

Not that I've looked that hard, but I don't see any opportunities like that around here.
frown.gif

Went to my local O'Reilly last nite to pick up some misc. parts for my wife's car, and I saw a table of clearance oil with big orange price stickers on them. Only problem was, they were marked at regular (or more?) prices! I picked up a bottle of Mobil 1 SM, and on the sticker, $8.49 had been scratched out, and $8.79 written in. The rest of the Mobil 1 on the table was also marked $8.79. Needless to say, I didn't buy any. They had some Pennzoil SM High Mileage for 5 something a quart, and other similarly priced oils. Some clearance.

Originally Posted By: Stelth
Went to my local O'Reilly last nite to pick up some misc. parts for my wife's car, and I saw a table of clearance oil with big orange price stickers on them. Only problem was, they were marked at regular (or more?) prices! I picked up a bottle of Mobil 1 SM, and on the sticker, $8.49 had been scratched out, and $8.79 written in. The rest of the Mobil 1 on the table was also marked $8.79. Needless to say, I didn't buy any. They had some Pennzoil SM High Mileage for 5 something a quart, and other similarly priced oils. Some clearance.

That's what I'm finding, some of these "clearances" are the same price as usual. I think some people just see "clearance" and assume it's cheaper.

John

I just stopped at an AAP near work to take advantage of the last day of the Techron BOGO.

There was a table of clearance oils near the register -- 12qts of M1 10w40 High Mileage. The API SL formulation. $6.95/ea.

I asked the store manager what he could do for me if I bought all 12qts he had left. He said he'd "take care of me." I said OK, and he rang me up at 40% off the sale price!

Hello API SL M1 HM for just over $4/qt!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back