There *might* just be a few decent dealerships left out there... LOL.

Maybe fewer trucks stocked the closer to a city you get?

Also, be glad your town of 2,800 still has its Ford dealership.
Near me a fairly posh suburban town has an apartment building where the Ford dealer once was. It was of the smaller size and seemed like a good candidate to close. However, the Ford dealer in Ticonderoga (pop. >5,000) closed. It was smallish too. Who knows.

Heh... found the window sticker in the glovebox: :)

Options: 5.3, locking 3.42 (...I'd prefer a 3.73...), trailering package with trailer brake controller, 18" wheels, Z71 package, power driver's seat, automatic dual zone HVAC, steering wheel radio controls, Bluetooth for phone, fog lamps, remote start, auto dimming mirrors inside and out, with heat, turn signals, and power fold. Right at $4,000 in options. PO added WeatherTech floor mats, mudflaps, a rubber bed mat, step rails, and the newer set of 18" tires and rims.

Last edited:

Near me a fairly posh suburban town has an apartment building where the Ford dealer once was. It was of the smaller size and seemed like a good candidate to close. However, the Ford dealer in Ticonderoga (pop. >5,000) closed. It was smallish too. Who knows.

Oh, not my town of 2,800. This place was 75 miles away from me. But I'll definitely go back there in the future, if I find that they have something that I want.

I tend to have much better experiences at dealerships in smaller towns (less than 5000 population) in more rural areas. No real surprise there. If they start screwing the locals over... they're done. They won't last long at all. City dealers can get away with that kind of rubbish.

Reactions: GON
Don’t really want to brag about my son, he owns a dealership for gently used Porsche, BMW, and some other vehicles like 3 motorhomes, but his yelp reviews are great, ‘if you don’t buy a car from Richard your are just CRAZY’ he has worked very hard every day except SUNDAY and now he reaps what he sowed

We all know Ford is going BTO, great decision IMHO

That's a NICE truck for the Upper Midwest-a lot of those around here are prematurely rusting in the cab & bed wheel arches. Be sure and get Krown or Fluid Film under it before real winter comes!

There are still a few good dealers out there. I just don't know too many of them. But I know of one.
But about five years ago, I called on an ad on a national website that had a car for sale. I talked to the salesman over the phone, and, since I lived about an hour and a half away, actually had him hold it for me for a couple of hours. My first surprise was that he agreed to doing that. When we showed up to the address, we were surprised that it actually was a genuine Ford dealership. We talked to the salesman and he handed over the keys to the vehicle without us showing any form of ID. We took it for a drive and agreed it it was what we wanted and then agreed with the salesman on the price. I was ready to be hit with a bunch of "paperwork fees", but the salesman told us that the extra fees that everybody wants to ad to the price was a bunch of BS and that practice angered him more than anything when it comes to underhanded dealer tricks. Imagine that remark coming from a dealership salesman. So the price we agreed on was the price that we paid.
BTW, this was a small Ford dealership. It was owned by two brothers and there was a total of three people working the front office. One brother was the salesman, the other brother was the parts man and the wife of one of the brothers answered the phone. I guess I should check to see if they are still in business because their business etiquette is very rare.

He, he...

Bought a Ford Explorer from them in May. Drove 400+ miles one way. Did the deal via text and two phone calls including a trade in. Explorer was ready for a test drive when we got there, and we were on the road less than an hour after we arrived with zero monkeying with the price. Did exactly what they said they would!

I'd buy there again in a heartbeat...

Back