The Valvoline Rebates (NO LEGAL TALK!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just wanted to say, I haev mailed in two rebates already and still plan to mail in the Synpower and Maxlife one (If you played with the URLs you could see other offers--free Eagle One Wax as you wash and free synpower fule system cleaner).

I can tell you right now if I dont' get my $$ I will never buy another Valvoline product if I can help it, and will post up about this debacle on every message board of which I am a member (and that's several automotive related ones). I think among the handful of people on this site that applied for the rebate, if we don't get our duckets we could probably spread the word on Valvoline to at least 1,000 people. Heck maybe even 1,000 people each depending on how many forums we are a part of. And Vetterman will take care of all the members of BITOG!

Just downloaded that rebate form and was headed to Walmart for that Maxlife and now I see this...**FRAUD or NOT**...Thinking twice of that Valvoline rebate...that's a lot of rebates if Valvoline expect to payup....

As mentioned in another thread, I got mine in a few weeks, but perhaps that was well before everyone and his uncle on various message boards jumped on the rebate wagon and completely overwhelmed the folks at Valvoline.

I think the MaxLife one is good because AutoZone had rebate forms for Free MaxLife next to the checkouts.

It looks like they have learned their lesson.

I just received a new rebate offer, and it is VERY clear that it is for "Team SynPower" members only, and connot be forwarded, posted on any Web Sites etc. etc.

They have a new rebate offer, not for oil, but for a free (up to $9.00) SynPower Fuel Treatment, but it is for SynPower memebrs only.

Just received my rebate form/sales receipt in the original envelope, returned from "Fulfillment Systems Incorporated". Included was a form letter stating that they were "unable to process your request as received due to the following reason(s): Your receipt must clearly indicate the product purchased or the service performed."

The WallyWorld receipt states "Motor Oil" and has a SKU number; I circled it, so it's rather hard to miss. Looks like they're making up excuses in order to avoid fulfilling their rebate offer.

I'm returning the oil and will not buy any Valvoline products again.
mad.gif

Nope, I bought the case (and two additional quarts), and cut the UPC bar code from the box. I didn't crack the bottles because I was waiting to see what happened with the rebate. Somewhat surprised to see that they sent all the rebate materials back. There's an 800 number on the form letter where you can talk to someone, so I might call and see what explanation they offer for refusing the rebate. The original sales receipt is very clearly marked, so I don't think they can validate their stated reason for rejecting it. If I find out anything I'll post it here.

davefr, I'm sorry to see you didn't get your rebate. This just adds even more fuel to my opinion that Valvoline is the worst managed consumer oil provider in the U.S. They stuff cheap oils into their products and sell them at high prices. There's just nothing special about their products or the company.

Too bad Shell didn't purchase them instead of Pennzoil and rebottle all Valvo products with the Shell equivalents. This would have been a step in the right direction.

My rebate was also rejected with a form letter that stated I didn't meet the terms of the offer.

Yet I included the reciept, rebate form, and UPC.

I don't know what more thse idiots want.

6 quarts of Valvoline SynPower, and they did not honor the Rebate, because the receipt did not clearly state that it was Valvoline. So the Company was able to weasel out of this one. But never again, if it says Valvoline anywhere on the package it is verboten in my house. My property and vehicles are now a Valvoline Free Zone.

quote:

Originally posted by Inkjet:
Just received my rebate form/sales receipt in the original envelope, returned from "Fulfillment Systems Incorporated". Included was a form letter stating that they were "unable to process your request as received due to the following reason(s): Your receipt must clearly indicate the product purchased or the service performed."

The WallyWorld receipt states "Motor Oil" and has a SKU number; I circled it, so it's rather hard to miss. Looks like they're making up excuses in order to avoid fulfilling their rebate offer.

I'm returning the oil and will not buy any Valvoline products again.
mad.gif

Call WalMart Coporate Headquarters in Bentonville AR and ask to speak to cutomer service and state that Valvoline is refusing to honor their rebates on any oil bought at WalMart. Tell them that inspite of the SKU code being on the ticket but not the name of the oil they are refusing to honor rebates by any WalMart Purchasers. Since WalMart is the largest retailer of Valvoline I suspect their tune will change after a call by WalMart. Either that or they will no longer be on WalMart shelves.

Gene

Don't give up before you call the 1-800 number on the rejection letter. The CSR I spoke to couldn't explain why my rebate was rejected. She asked that I send it to her attention and agreed to process it.

I got the exact same letter that DaveFR and Inkjet got. I will call them today. This stinks. I can't even take the oil back because I had the send in the seals. I really don't even want to use the crappy oil at this point.

I sent in two rebates one for my address and one for my Daughters address, they both included the ring seals and the checks were received and cashed. I have learned to follow the rebate instructions to the letter, no matter how stupid they appear.

The woman that I spoke to on the phone at the rebate fulfillent center was pretty pleasant. She asked me to send the form to her attn and promised me a check in 15 days. She said that the Walmart receipts had all been rejected because they did not say Synpower on them. Pretty lame, but hopefully this will have a happy ending.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back