The quietest Oil for FORD: AMSOIL XL or PUP ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Izb
Where I can read about it?

Enjoy reading with a cup of tea.
smile.gif

http://www.pqiamerica.com/March2013PCMO/Marchsyntheticsallfinal.html

The Duratec engines are very noisy when you raise the hood at idle. I have a 3.0 & 3.5, both V6. The best way to quiet them down is step up to a 5W-30 instead of 5W-20. 5W-20 MaxLife quieted my 3.0 down, I'm doing 5W-30 at the next change. My 3.5 is still young & peppy & under warranty so I'll stick with 5W-20 for it.

Conventional oil will contribute to a less acoustics vs a synthetic

Your question cannot be answered with any accuracy. Unless you are extending the interval don't bother paying extra for an extended drain oil like the ones you mentioned.
Iirc you car calls for an SN spec oil. Conventional meets this spec. If you are following the oil life monitor for oil changes you gain nothing by using a higher end oil. They don't protect any better than a conventional in an engine with a standard duty cycle. They do flow faster in extremely cold temps though but don't confuse that with thinking a conventional won't flow in the cold. Your oil pump moves the same volume of oil per stroke regardless of grade(within reason)so if you aren't running extended drains and aren't going to experience -30 ambient temps just use the approved conventional.
M1/pp/castrol black bottle can all do 10000 mile drains without much of an issue.

Originally Posted By: tig1
Both of my Duratech engines are very quite on M1 0-20AFE.

Tig.....it would be impossible for you to make a comparison....because you've used M-1 exclusively for the last zillion years. LOL.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back