The Perfect Severe Schedule Synthetic Oil : Super Tech ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by wemay
I'm interested in trying Amazon Basics as well.

I see that the AmazonBasics 0W-40 Euro oil (Full Synthetic) is ~$25 for a 5 quart jug. I recently got the (IMHO) better spec'd Castrol Edge 0W-40 Euro oil for the same price on Amazon (both with free shipping to Prime members). Same for Mobil1 0W-40 oil. WalMart also runs both of these for about $25 (in my area) from time-to-time (when in stock).

Hi wemay, hope you and yours are doing well!
If you're thinking about 5W30, did you see the link to a MAG 1 PDS I posted above?
amazonbasics has the same d1G2 license #, so I think it would have to be very similar to that oil.
Warren shares a ton of info about their oil, I really like that!

Originally Posted by Virtus_Probi

Hi wemay, hope you and yours are doing well!
If you're thinking about 5W30, did you see the link to a MAG 1 PDS I posted above?
amazonbasics has the same d1G2 license #, so I think it would have to be very similar to that oil.
Warren shares a ton of info about their oil, I really like that!

Hi Vitus_Probi,

Hoping the same for you and yours...

Yeah i saw that and am thoroughly impressed. I love that website.

Last edited:
So Walmart isn't nasty enough, you gotta buy WPp from Amazon. Wow. Big Whoop. Sheesh!

OK. I don't like the Amazon business model. I dont like the waste and pollution of shipping heavy material to residences where you have other options. Maybe moreso than BIg Oil advertising non-synthetic oi synthetic.

my rant for today.

Now I gotta go to The Town Gym do my civic "duty" and vote on stupid warrant articles.

Originally Posted by ARCOgraphite
I dont like the waste and pollution of shipping heavy material to residences where you have other options.

What's the other option? Driving your personal vehicle to the store to buy it?

The big brown truck drives by my house anyway... May as well have my oil change on it.

I just don't get the vitriol one way or the other. Everyone in this business is in bed together. Directly or indirectly.

Originally Posted by rooflessVW
Originally Posted by ARCOgraphite
I dont like the waste and pollution of shipping heavy material to residences where you have other options.

What's the other option? Driving your personal vehicle to the store to buy it?

The big brown truck drives by my house anyway... May as well have my oil change on it.

I assume maybe One a month you drive near or TO a store that sells oil whilst doing other errands. Then there is not a special trip and it's associated waste required.

Plus, what was the path that put that oil onto your truck delivery route. Calculate the energy used to move that 10 LB package to your residence.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back