The Origins Of The Hayabusa

When I livd in Palo Cedro California my neighbor had a Dyna to cruise on and a Kawasaki ZX 1400 to go fast on. He really liked the personalities of the two.

When I livd in Palo Cedro California my neighbor had a Dyna to cruise on and a Kawasaki ZX 1400 to go fast on. He really liked the personalities of the two.
Like knowing Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde. 😀

Girls bike says Hayabusa are crunchy on the out side... soft in the middle and taste like chicken...
Most likely. We have to jab each other's bike choices. I haven't had a bike for quite a while and my neighbor has a really nice Harley and he forces me to go to the Harley dealer with him hoping that I buy a Harley so we can ride together. While Harleys are beautiful... Aren't most bikes? I prefer a sportier lighter bike.

Meanwhile, Hayabusa is MILES ahead of the old, slow, RC45... :ROFLMAO:
Come here MILES ahead Hayabusa... I won't hurt you... he he he...

Attachments

• RichMerrillLarryTahoe.jpg
    RichMerrillLarryTahoe.jpg
    154.8 KB · Views: 108
Seriously Larry, what prompted you to reply in this thread with incorrect info about the origins of the word "Hayabusa", and then insults about the bike? Are you really that threatened by another motorcycle?

The editor of Cycle World no doubt has ridden most of the bikes produced since he's been in the business. Since before the 'Hayabusa" existed. Go back and read the article he wrote, which was the point of this thread.

Just a reality check: Any number of completely stock streetbikes would leave the old RC45, even one in WSBK tune, in their dust. They are lighter, have more power, and better handling. Time marches on.

Honda's 1994 750 RC45 was susposed to be no match for Yamaha's 2010 1000 motor of death...

2010 Huh? More fake news? Any UOA's from other Bitog members you'd like to post as your own?

Joey Dunlop was killed at a race in Estonia in 2000. David Jefferies was killed in a crash during practice at the 2003 IOM TT.

That Ulster Grand Prix video is from '99...

A case of a very experienced and fast racer on a bike that had been continually optimized for years, against a less experienced racer on a then brand new machine with very little development time.

Bottom line. That video is from 22 years ago. Streetbikes have improved DRAMATICALLY since then.

True but I have no way to change the year... my apologies...
Not true. YOU typed “Honda's 1994 750 RC45 was susposed to be no match for Yamaha's 2010 1000 motor of death...”

Don’t try so hard to always be the expert or guy with all the knowledge, as you show time and time again you aren’t. A quote comes to mind, I will share the last words of it.. “...Than to remove all doubt.”

Last edited:
Don’t try so hard to always be the expert or guy with all the knowledge, as you show time and time again you aren’t. A quote comes to mind, I will share the last words of it.. “...Than to remove all doubt.”
I agree I blew it on the year...

Thanks Bonz... I'll hold your thought...

I saw that. I'm not big on the chrome swoop on the side panel. It IS dual exhaust, in order to meet the stringent emissions standards.

Here's a video.

At any rate, I have a deposit placed. It would have to be a disaster to not want it as a stablemate for my old hot rod.

Back