The Origins Of The Hayabusa

Origins of the Hayabusa goes back to WW2... it was a WarBird that was deadly and feared but the bike is big engine big power big deal... a real butt plug in the bendy bits...

Hayabusa1.JPG

Origins of the Hayabusa goes back to WW2... it was a WarBird that was deadly and feared but the bike is big engine big power big deal... a real butt plug in the bendy bits...

View attachment 38783

It goes back centuries before WW2. As it is the Japanese word for the Peregrine Falcon...

To your final statement, That doesn't jive with the experience of those who have the ability to ride one to the limit on a roadrace track.

The ultimate roadrace track bike? Of course not. But what it could do defied conventional wisdom.

My modded 'Busa has a weight wet of about 490 lbs. About 25 lbs heavier than the wet weight of an RC-45...

My modded 'Busa has a weight wet of about 490 lbs. About 25 lbs heavier than the wet weight of an RC-45...
My modified RC45 has a wet weight 430 lbs thats 60 lbs lighter than your Busa... you'll go a hell of lot quicker on my RC45 than your Busa in the bendy bits...

Mr.RC45 Rear Weight 195
3773579809_17b10c0c0a.jpg

Mr.RC45 Front Weight 212
3773579807_bfbbb6d803.jpg

Last edited:
And about twice the HP. :oops::LOL:
Well, in it's current form, approaching three times the HP and torque of an RC45. The Titanium con rods really lessen the gyroscopic effect of the rotating assembly. So despite the stroker crank, it changes direction noticeably easier than when it was stock.

😁

My modified RC45 has a weight weight 430 lbs thats 60 lbs lighter than your Busa... you'll go a hell of lot quicker on my RC45 than your Busa...

Not a chance.

Our two S1000RR's and the Ducati Panigale V4 Speciale are lighter than your RC45, and they have over twice the HP. Depending on the track configuration, (Example: open and flowing) I can turn a lap time on the 'Busa comparable to our track optimized S1000RR. This is an S1000RR in super stock tune (about 212 rwhp). The reason the old 'Busa can do that, is it's massive power, optimized suspension, and upgraded brakes. It kills the tuned S1000RR down the straights, and thanks to it's mods, can rail through the turns much better than stock.

However, it can't keep up that pace for as long as the tuned S1000RR, because all the power and weight kill the tires fast.

The other S1000RR M is stock, and so is the Duc. They are a bit slower than the other two in lap times.

Your Motor of Death Busa will feel like an wheelbarrow full of bowling balls after you snap Mr.RC45 into a corner...

Larry, you make me laugh.

I've ridden an RC45. It's now 2021. 27 years ago, it was one heck of a bike. Time has marched on.

Time
Larry, you make me laugh.

I've ridden an RC45. It's now 2021. 27 years ago, it was one heck of a bike. Time has marched on.

True but you'll get more smiles per mile on my homologated race bike from the golden era of Superbikes than on your pedestrian street Busa...

MrRC45NevadaRoad12.JPG

I rode a friend's modified Busa and it was crazy fast, esp compared to my Dyna lol. I had to lean forward as it was pulling the wheel off the ground as I was trying to keep it down. Bike was insane.

Back