The old and not so old of us.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: CourierDriver
About every 7 seconds, 9 folks pass away in the USA...It could happen to any of us.

Thought: It might be a good idea if one has his or her personal life in order before stepping into eternity...It's gonna happen to all of us...you know what I mean..

We have all heard stories of the person that just got a clean bill of health from the doctor and in a week or so passed on...

You never know what is going to happen tomorrow. Both of my parents died at 72, the average age of my 4 brothers was 71 when they died. The 2 brothers that made it pass 72 had serious heart conditions by the time they were 72.
I am now 73 and in pretty good health and do all of my own auto maintenance, yard work and any other thing that comes up around the house.
I believe that I have everything in order. I have one daughter and four granddaughters. I am leaving everything to one granddaughter who is currently 16. She is the only one with the common sense to handle my estate.

Yeah you never know what could happen. My grandma recently asked for my help with creating a will. I found one for free on lawdepot.com and filled in the information and printed it out, she's going to get it notarized. Also did a power of attorney.

I printed out a will for myself (I'm 22) and just need to take it to get it notarized.

Originally Posted By: chunt
About every 7 seconds, 9 folks pass away in the USA...It could happen to any of us.

Thought: It might be a good idea if one has his or her personal life in order before stepping into eternity...It's gonna happen to all of us...you know what I mean..

We have all heard stories of the person that just got a clean bill of health from the doctor and in a week or so passed on...

You never know what is going to happen tomorrow. Both of my parents died at 72, the average age of my 4 brothers was 71 when they died. The 2 brothers that made it pass 72 had serious heart conditions by the time they were 72.
I am now 73 and in pretty good health and do all of my own auto maintenance, yard work and any other thing that comes up around the house.
I believe that I have everything in order. I have one daughter and four granddaughters. I am leaving everything to one granddaughter who is currently 16. She is the only one with the common sense to handle my estate.

Wonderful to hear you are still active ! :)

I see you are retired military . Thank you for your service to our country .

Dad served in the Navy in the Pacific in WWII . I have never served in the military . I think if I had been about to be drafted , I would have followed Dad's example and joined the Navy .

God bless all those that have served this nation , :)

Originally Posted By: Nick1994
Yeah you never know what could happen. My grandma recently asked for my help with creating a will. I found one for free on lawdepot.com and filled in the information and printed it out, she's going to get it notarized. Also did a power of attorney.

I printed out a will for myself (I'm 22) and just need to take it to get it notarized.

It os great your Grand Mother is still with you . Cherish her while you can . My 4 grandparents , both parents , all y aunts & uncles except one aunt , have passed .

Best wishes , :)

Originally Posted By: WyrTwister

We are only 1 heart beat from meeting God face to face . Best we have His Son make a happy introduction . "Peacefully they will die, peacefully they will expire in Thy name, and beyond the grave they will find only death. But we will keep the secret, and for their happiness, allure them with the reward of heaven and eternity". If your beliefs bring you comfort, then by all means continue believing.

Originally Posted By: HosteenJorje
Originally Posted By: WyrTwister

We are only 1 heart beat from meeting God face to face . Best we have His Son make a happy introduction . "Peacefully they will die, peacefully they will expire in Thy name, and beyond the grave they will find only death. But we will keep the secret, and for their happiness, allure them with the reward of heaven and eternity". If your beliefs bring you comfort, then by all means continue believing.

Amen

We have all necessary documentation filed with our attorney, executor,
medical clinic,hospital and financial adviser and bank in place to cover our final years and death. We have a gravesite with our headstone in place. The thing that concerns me the most is how to go directly up the stack and not have a money grubbing funeral home get my body and running up the charges.The nearest direct cremation facility is ninety miles away so that may be a problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back