The MTB is back together

I took it apart about 2 years ago to service the shock/forks and never put it back together.
'
Since my open heart surgery I've been wanting to get more active again.

Here she is, this is the bike I did oramm and fools gold on.
smile.gif

[Linked Image]

Originally Posted by dave123
S-Works that's a couple bucks sitting on the stand I like the ride.

I purchased it as a closeout frame at the end of 2011, that is why it has such a mish mash of parts. Lot's of miles on this bike as I used to do endurance rides on it, I think it's one of the earlier carbon fiber MB's in 29", I could be wrong.. Still looking pretty good for its age and usage.
smile.gif

Nice lightweight ride. 2x drivetrain? Is that one of those Specialized Brain rear shocks? I had an 07 Stumpy Elite with one and after 3 warranty shocks I just ran it full on or full off can't remember.

Good to get back on the bike again!
thumbsup2.gif

Originally Posted by dave123
What size rear cassette I bet it is a fun bike.

I'm pretty sure it's 11-32, I'll take a look later

Originally Posted by AZjeff
Nice lightweight ride. 2x drivetrain? Is that one of those Specialized Brain rear shocks? I had an 07 Stumpy Elite with one and after 3 warranty shocks I just ran it full on or full off can't remember.

Good to get back on the bike again!
thumbsup2.gif

Yeah I made it 2x, front shifter is 3x that I adjusted so the chain wont drop. I did this back when 2x was not as popular as it is now. Heck it seems a lot of bikes are 1x now thath they have 12speed.
It does have a brain shock and I have been very lucky with it. (touches wood)
smile.gif

Good lookin' bike.

I am also putting my old Stumpjumper back together. My fifteen year old spotted it and asked if he could ride it. Hardest part was finding a decent non tapered steerer fork since it's on 09 frame. Straight steerer.

Nice bike! A couple years ago I found an early-2000s NOS Ellsworth Truth frame on eBay and built it up. 26" wheels.

1x10, dropper post, etc.

I had the same issue as NYEngineer. Straight tube suspension forks are basically obsolete now. I might switch to 27.5" "mullet" set-up eventually.

Looking back I should have just bought a new, modern bike ...‚

After I bought an X Fusion with a straight steerer, I discovered Manitou has a Murkour or something still readily available with straight 1 1/8" steerers. Wish I knew.

Nice bike, you are miles ahead of me on bike restore. We have just plain old folks bikes, Cannondale street only, lol...74 years young. I would like to ride the bike you have, I need to try new adventures..

Originally Posted by cjcride
That is a nice looking bike.
Is it about 27 lbs?

I'm not sure never weighed it. I'm a clyde so it never mattered much
smile.gif

Lot's of miles since I did my last service. I noticed the rear brakes were worn, time for a change out.

I have Magura Marta brakes on this. Even though I have the Marta, the Louise pads also work.
[Linked Image]

Here is what the brake kit contains

[Linked Image]

Yup, pads were worn (old v. new)

[Linked Image]

Going back together

[Linked Image]

Much better now

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Just an FYI to a fellow clyde, I recently started putting four piston calipers on the front wheels on my bikes and I am much appier with my brakes performance.

Back