The Jeep is dead... Accident this afternoon

This is why I have just about quit commuting on my motorcycle. By the time i suit up ATGATT (all the gear all the time) and drive to work, get there early to unsuit, and in the evening suit up and ride home it is not worth it. I plan to purchase an air bag vest this year. I also practice defensive driving and take a refresher when I have one in the area. My motorcycle has ABS,, traction control just to give me more of a chance.

Rod

Another vote for getting a dashcam. My dashcam clips from our finest drivers.

Last week, buddy and I went to TX. Not even 45mins down the road, we were getting flipped off from this absolutely trash low-class couple because they pulled the same **** so my buddy honked at them. Later down the road, we pass them, on the right, my buddy looks over at them and just shakes his head. Another 5 mins down the road, we're back to passing them on the left again....the white trash dude in passenger seat flips us off in front of the girl's face as she's driving, blocking her view, and being just a general cvnt.

/smh

A shame with the JEEP and hope you're doing fine . No shortage of bad drivers . We've had 3 cars ruined due to others . Always happens with a few payments left or just payed off . :(

Let us know how you fare with your insurance on this in the end. Do keep a copy of the accident investigation . it might be handy later on . It might come in handy if it show the other guy getting the ticket.

A dashcam video can save you from other troubles too. This one time back in 2017 a lady almost crashed into me on the parking lot while cutting the corner, then screams at me that I was speeding and called cops on me. After they’ve arrived, I silently presented them the video and was let go. They said they’re gonna talk to her, no idea what happened next

Thanks for all the sentiment, everyone. I have yet to hear from the other driver's insurance. I plan on calling them this week to see what's what.
Were you lucky enough to get the license or name of the nice driver who helped you chase the perp down?
He or she is a witness to that flight and they are essentially enough to have fleeing the scene of an accident added to charges in many states.
Be nice to see this clown have his license revoked for years and not only the physical damages but others applied as well. Hope you post back with another update!

Were you lucky enough to get the license or name of the nice driver who helped you chase the perp down?
He or she is a witness to that flight and they are essentially enough to have fleeing the scene of an accident added to charges in many states.
Be nice to see this clown have his license revoked for years and not only the physical damages but others applied as well. Hope you post back with another update!

Unfortunately, no. In the heat of the moment I thanked him and sent him on his way. I was so glad to have caught the other party that it never crossed my mind to ask for the Samaritans info, just in case.

I called his agent today and left a VM, we'll see what happens.

. I graciously thanked the person who helped me, and proceeded to unleash an expletive-laced tirade towards the other driver. He was already on the phone and I could see him mouth "police", so I backed off and went inside the restaurant to wait. At one point he exited his vehicle and started inspecting mine, to which I immediately went out and unloaded on him again saying he had no business looking at my vehicle and to sit in his car until the police arrived.

For your own safety don't ever do this again.

For your own safety don't ever do this again.
Extremely late response, however I felt it warranted. Had my "profile" of the driver been different, I'd have never done this. That being said, I felt very little threat from a 60+ year old man who refused to even acknowledge that I was addressing him directly. That doesn't mean he couldn't have had a pistol in his lap, aimed at me through the door. I will admit, I could have handled things better. My adrenaline and emotion got the best of me. Guilty as charged.

Back