The Harley-Davidson 2021 "Live" Virtual Product Launch

I like the Heritage sat on one quite a few times, but like the touring frames better, it works better for us and the price is the same pretty much.
Also keep in mind, maybe I forgot to mention it? Anyway, the point of the Electra Standard is not only because the touring frame is perfect for us, as it is on the RK, but I never owned a bike with a fairing and figured what the heck, it will be a new experience, other then that there is no reason to change bikes, our 14 Road King to this day is in showroom condition and runs like new too.

As far as buying new, that's a personal choice but there isnt a lot of 2021 Road Glide Standard on the road but maybe in a year there will be, Im certainly open to buying a bike still in warranty but more often then not, unless its a dealer markdown, many people selling their year old bike think its still worth almost new prices.
I want a 2021 because Harley went to a new engine management system, the previous M8s system is no longer in use, 2021 is the start of the new system, new O2 sensors and ECM. Delphi makes it.

Anyway, just in case you dont know, I seem to go through this motorcycle thing every year for the last year or two, doubt I will do anything unless Harley made a compelling reason to do so and based on what I wrote here, I know I will calm down about the idea because the "compelling" part really isnt there.

Ive ridden a number of sport and sport touring bikes in the rain and they Are quite stable. One might argue that thinner tires are less prone to hydroplaning but the weight difference might make it a wash.

When I was much younger and even less smart, i rode a ZX6E (AKA ZZR600) from clearwater to St Simons in a torrential down pour (had to be at work you know) and the bike was totally fine, in spite of the fact that i could barely see the from tire or road ahead most of the way and passed many cars pulled aside... it took the opportunity at every rest stop to use the hand dryer to dry my first gear and gloves... my hands and arms were blue for weeks from the dye... LOL So there were issues but the bike was absolutely fine. Not that I recommend any of that... but.

Deluxe is discontinued for 2021 (they ruined it anyway with the restyle) the Deluxe is lower than a Heritage and two up isn't a joy on it, but it is fine for a bit, Heritage has more room in the luggage on a Softail anyway because of the exhaust.

Back