The Double Big Mac....

Totally worth it over the regular Big Mac. The portions of meat vs bread is right.

I´ve noticed something since the PANDEMIC. It seems the bread is the same, or increasing, and the middle goodies are shrinking.

The Original Big Mac has too much bread vs meat and condiments. The BK Whopper, too much bread. It seems to get a good balance you got to upsize to a double. Wendy´s really has kept the tasty condements.

I'm not a fast food Corp America guy never tastes good. If I need something fast I'll stop by the local pizzeria for a quick slice if I'm in the mood for a burger I'll hit the local diner for a cheeseburger deluxe almost same price as a McDonald's meal but much better

Mc'Ds is rolling out with upgrades to their burgers in early 2024:
  • more sauce on Big Macs
  • meltier cheese
  • fresher lettuce and pickles
  • six patties will be grilled at a time
  • brioche buns will be sliced with a thicker bottom
  • onions will be rehydrated after purchase
  • sesame seeds will be further spaced out

I'll eat one once a year and will be sure to ask for a double next time. They're great when you're worn out from doing chores, running errands, or maybe even driving for too long - and you need something fast. That with a medium soda. It works.

Scott

I'm not a 'fast food' guy but I do prefer Wendy's over McD's and BK....although McD's does have very good coffee.

One thing you guys should try out for backyard burgers is buying large seeded hamburger buns. Pepperidge Farms Hearty White. They are a little harder to find but way better than the stupid small buns everyone is use to.

I eat a Big Mac approximately every 2 years. The middle slice of bread absolutely has to go when I get one.

What I've found I like better is a double cheeseburger no mustard/no ketchup add mac sauce and lettuce. It tastes much better with that smaller bread. I don't so fries so sometimes I get two.....

Maybe a decade or so ago I remember they came out with a "Grande Mac" - that sucker was huge. Had quarter pounder patties on it I think. Should have called it the "eat it and regret it later Mac", but it was much better than the regular one.

Mc'Ds is rolling out with upgrades to their burgers in early 2024:
  • more sauce on Big Macs
  • meltier cheese
  • fresher lettuce and pickles
  • six patties will be grilled at a time
  • brioche buns will be sliced with a thicker bottom
  • onions will be rehydrated after purchase
  • sesame seeds will be further spaced out

After all of these years with the McD's customizable options all they still offer is gross American cheese. Wendy's offers Asiago as an option which is quite good. It seems if all American burger chains still use disgusting (should be illegal) chemicals in their buns.

Back