The Double Big Mac....

FF is a convenience thing when you arrive in Nowheresville late at night and grocery stores are either closed or non-existent.
The trouble with the diner option is that their meat is characteristically flavorless.
I wouldn't mind trying the big Big Mac someday; trouble is I keep forgetting.

But then they invented the insulated lunch / food / travel bag.....problem solved.

My young grandaughter and I often get a kick out of "fast food" + some other commericals. The first one that got a chuckle out of her is those obnoxious "stinky foot+other places" deodorant ads for Lumi.
Fast Food ones got her the other day where she said "Poppa , they act like they are as happy as if they just walked into Disneyland over McDonalds! LoL!" Then noticed how they make those cow-burgers look so gigantic they look larger than a human beings head!
She laughed up a storm first time she caught that. So, then we both started to pay attention to several of those ads to see which ones were the funniest (exagerated the most). She got a kick out of the "return of the McRibs to McDonalds!" where they show all kind of folks in a stampeed of joy almost hop, skipping and mid-jump running to the McDonald's doors. LoL. Alone, the wife later laughed and asked me "how are you going to answer her questions when she asks you what are all those ads showing the man and the crooked carrot at the Doctors office!" OMG! Peyronie's disease! Guess that will be the "go ask your mom n dad. Pawpaw is tired now!"

We discovered Culvers a couple years ago while on vacation in Florida. I call it the burger-joint equivalent to ChickFilA. Clean, decent food, and good, friendly service.

Definitely a step above the usual fast food suspects, IMO.
More expensive. The burgers there are OK, not great. The frozen custard is very expensive. 2 small turtle sundaes were almost $14.

Have not tried the double Big Mac but the regular one is $1 on the app here all month. That's all right, they are good also once in a while.

Nutrition Summary​

• 780Cal. Calories
  • 48grams Total Fat (62 % Daily Value)
  • 42grams Total Carbs (15 % Daily Value)
  • 40grams Protein
  • Saturated Fat:17g (87 % DV)
  • Dietary Fiber:2g (9 % DV)
  • Calcium:130mg (10 % DV)
  • Trans Fat:2g
  • Total Sugars:7g
  • Added Sugars:6g (11 % DV)
  • Iron:6mg (35 % DV)
  • 140mg Cholesterol: (46 Percent Daily Values )
  • Vitamin D:0mcg (0 % DV)
  • Potassium:580mg (10 % DV)
  • Sodium:1390mg (60 % DV)
Regards,
John

Nutrition Summary​

• 780Cal. Calories
  • 48grams Total Fat (62 % Daily Value)
  • 42grams Total Carbs (15 % Daily Value)
  • 40grams Protein
  • Saturated Fat:17g (87 % DV)
  • Dietary Fiber:2g (9 % DV)
  • Calcium:130mg (10 % DV)
  • Trans Fat:2g
  • Total Sugars:7g
  • Added Sugars:6g (11 % DV)
  • Iron:6mg (35 % DV)
  • 140mi Cholesterol: (46 Percent Daily Values )
  • Vitamin D:0mcg (0 % DV)
  • Potassium:580mg (10 % DV)
  • Sodium:1390mg (60 % DV)
Regards,
John
thanks i will still have one....

More expensive. The burgers there are OK, not great. The frozen custard is very expensive. 2 small turtle sundaes were almost $14.

Have not tried the double Big Mac but the regular one is $1 on the app here all month. That's all right, they are good also once in a while.
If we do venture to a burger joint..... Not very often. As we got older we just started eating at home more often than not.
We will go once in a while to a place called Five Guys Burgers. I know they are all across the southern USA , not sure about up north. Very good "100% beef" burgers. They also serve the best fries I have had any place. They are very fresh, hand cut fries. They also list each day on their board where across the USA their potatoes come from.

If we do venture to a burger joint..... Not very often. As we got older we just started eating at home more often than not.
We will go once in a while to a place called Five Guys Burgers. I know they are all across the southern USA , not sure about up north. Very good "100% beef" burgers. They also serve the best fries I have had any place. They are very fresh, hand cut fries. They also list each day on their board where across the USA their potatoes come from.
I have a 5 Guys 3 miles away. Honestly the nastiest, overrated fries. Failure to blanche properly leaves them greasy and limp. Gross. The burgers are OK. This is just a overpriced millennial eatery where people gladly overpay for mediocre food. IMO YMMV

Much rather go to Applebee's or Chili's. The burger is better and they have other sides. Plus I get waited on. With a tip it still cheaper than 5 guys.

They must not know what they are doing or don't follow the instructions they are supposed to follow. Our Five Guys is excellent all around.

Steak and Shake used to have good burgers but they are not as good as they once were..Culvers is my place for a great burger....and some custard for dessert.....

They must not know what they are doing or don't follow the instructions they are supposed to follow. Our Five Guys is excellent all around.
Yeah one winter back Five guys fries were crispy and perfect. Delectable

Patty was good but soggy bun. This was the Bellingham WA store near Fred Meyer/Costco across I5 from the airport.

The Redmond WA store and the Monroe WA store are top notch, buns were OK, fries perfect.

I readily admit the best restaurant hamburger I ever ate was at Red Robin in Woodinville WA. I think they must have mixed in some ground buffalo and ground ribeye. Man that beef was GOOD.

Never ever had Culvers.

Farmer Boys in So Cal is pretty dang tasty.

Ima eat a hambuger in Hilo later this week or next week, just because vacation.

Last edited:
I have a 5 Guys 3 miles away. Honestly the nastiest, overrated fries. Failure to blanche properly leaves them greasy and limp. Gross. The burgers are OK. This is just a overpriced millennial eatery where people gladly overpay for mediocre food. IMO YMMV

Much rather go to Applebee's or Chili's. The burger is better and they have other sides. Plus I get waited on. With a tip it still cheaper than 5 guys.
I always forget about Chilli's and we got one close by. Used to call in and go pick up. They were very good last time I ordered from there. All franchise locations tend to be different if the owners don't care or attempt to offer the same at each location. Now that you mention costs... I noticed just recently that about every single thing I buy from fast food to hardware etc...... seems like the prices have almost doubled across the board! WoW. We all know they gonna blame it all on "fuel costs." But do we ever get the benefit of a price drop when fel rates go down? NOT!

For the two or three I have in a year (have the same number of quarter pounders), I get the same effect by ththrowing out the top bun,and inverting the second...improves all the ratios markedly...less is more in that case. (not my idea, but it's much nicer).

Other day while tavelling, we just ordered quarter pounder patties and salt...was pretty good.

1707167966751.jpg

Never was impressed with Red Robin.... Overpriced and not that great of a burger...
Some of them are nasty dirty and terrible burgers. Definitely the Bellingham store = B-A-D

Redmond one OK

This one was clean, we went during lunch at work, Must have been 10 years ago, but I remember that hamburger!!

We just finished a great Five Guys dinner. Great fries tonight, nice and crispy.
We had to stop ordering the Five Guys french fries. We found out we like them too much. Also even if you order a small serving, they fill a paper sack so full of them you could have no room to eat your burger.

I remember when my local McDonald's had the "Fresh Quarter Pounder" using beef that wasn't previously frozen. It was actually quite good compared to normal McDonald's patties that tend to be somewhat dry. I think that's basically the standard for most McDonald's now although they don't call it that specifically any more.

Back