The Choice of Champions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm surprised Steve S didn't ask the champions what benefit they thought they would get running Redline for such a short OCI. 8)

I like their new website (and their old) It seems to be entirely consistent with the approach Roy took in responding to Buster's inquiries, "Trust your blender" They don't appear to publish or even do comparative analyses to other oils, focusing entirely on improving their product.

Now, "Trust the blender" will probably been seen as an easy "out" by many for answering a myriad of technical questions often posed on BITOG, however questioning to learn is one thing, questioning to scrutinize or call in to doubt is another, especially considering the complex nature of formulating.

If you need to call a company for an explanation why Product X gave you 22 Fe in a UOA and Product B was 12, just stick with Product B if that's what is important to you (and just forget about the 42 other properties you didn't measure)

To me, performance is what counts. An oil could be made of crushed Pez and donut holes in an olive oil slurry, and if it protects for 7-10K, I'd buy it, even if $7/qt. Many posters seem to think the price of an oil should be the sum of the price of the components or they are getting ripped off, forgetting that the knowledge of what and how to add components is the real cost and companies have a right to recover (and protect) that knowledge. I have access to Redline's formulation knowledge and experience, it comes in a bottle that I pour in my engine. I trust it and apparently others do to.

-T

edit:Subject was single; verb was plural

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back