the best oil 15/40 wt oil

Status
Not open for further replies.
We run Delo in our fleet. However the reason for running it is based on many factors. Aside from the quality products, service was the main reason. The company that distributes it to us goes above and beyond what anyone has done in the past with regards to service, quality and additional services.

The best oil is like the "best" beer. Everyone has their own flavor, some suck, some are great, some are overkill. Good luck.

wanttoknow, the real answer is that nobody knows what's best. All the brands you list are solid B grade. To get to A grade you have to look deeper and pay more. Some of the more expensive oils will actually give you lower cost per mile for oil, filter, labor, and engine wear combined if the oil is run to its full life as determined by oil analysis, and others just cost more.

I believe that Schaeffer is an excellent choice and a money saver in the long run. And, I don't sell it, either. I buy it.

Originally Posted By: Ken2
wanttoknow, the real answer is that nobody knows what's best. All the brands you list are solid B grade. To get to A grade you have to look deeper and pay more. Some of the more expensive oils will actually give you lower cost per mile for oil, filter, labor, and engine wear combined if the oil is run to its full life as determined by oil analysis, and others just cost more.

I believe that Schaeffer is an excellent choice and a money saver in the long run. And, I don't sell it, either. I buy it.

I had hopes for your comments until you started to violate your own advice.

How can you say that any of those fluids are "B grade" and that only a more expensive "A grade" will cost less in the long run?

What I would agree with is that only micro-analysis will show which is "best". But macro-analysis shows us that there are plenty of really good choices that are fully capable of protection.

The ROI is not assured, nor limited, by the cost of a product; it is only defined by the cost of the product. A less expensive product can still be "better" on a ROI scale, all while providing appropriate protection.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back