Thank you !

Status
Not open for further replies.
To all members past and present of the US / Canadian / Commonwealth Thank you all for your service and sacrifices, on this remembrance day November 11th 2014

+1

I took my wife's 90 year old great uncle (a former B-26 Marauder pilot) to his Dr. appointment, a Veteran's Day breakfast, and a free Veteran's Day haircut this morning - a full and rewarding day of getting things done for him at his pace these days.

I really enjoyed it when our waitress came by right at 11 AM to check on us, and he educated her about the 11th hour of the 11th day of the 11th month, so that the world would not forget. The waitress had never heard that background on Veteran's (Armistice) Day before.

Last edited:
I spent the day with some buddies, we had a cup of coffee at Starbucks and then had lunch at Hooters, sadly around military posts some restaurants don't do the "free meal on veterans day" gig. The ones that do are normally packed.
Starbucks was knocking them out though, and Hooters was decently packed but was only 30 min wait time.

regardless on what people feel about Hooters they did have a decent deal, and we all bought appetizers and drinks to compensate for the free meal (10.99$/under was free)

as well as we visited the 1ST Cav museum and went fishing this afternoon

was a good day

cat_veterans_day.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back