Texas has one of the lowest energy costs in the US

Researchers at WalletHub compared average energy bills from all 50 states to account for electricity, natural gas, motor fuel, and home heating oil. Their findings led WalletHub to rank Texas 47th when it comes to high energy costs, making it the 4th lowest in the U.S. between Nebraska and Kansas.

Its important to prefix how they derived this data. Here is from the deeper article.

In order to determine the most and least energy-expensive states, WalletHub compared the average monthly energy bills in each of the 50 states using the following equation:

(Average Monthly Consumption of Electricity * Average Retail Price of Electricity) + (Average Monthly Consumption of Natural Gas * Average Residential Price of Natural Gas) + (Average Monthly Consumption of Home Heating Oil * Average Residential Price of Home Heating Oil) + (Average Motor-Fuel Price * (Miles Traveled/Average Motor-Fuel Consumption/Number of Drivers in the State)) = Average Monthly Energy Bill in the State

----

I'm currently month to month with my house electricity until I can get a better contract. The Texas "deregulated" market is a colluded scam where all of the power company resellers maximize their profits by offering contracts that renew only in monthly terms that is beneficial to them. Here is an example where the terms only start in September, and in 8 months you can get another contract when rates are sky high.

1719859449817.jpg

So they can have more of this

I beg to differ. I'm getting scammed out of 15.8 cents a kw at my home by reliant but at my shop just a few miles away reliant charges me 7.1 cents a kw and they've been charging me like this for years. I've tried to switch but somehow other power companies charge even more for both my locations.

Since coming back in early 2023, my electric bills are less than half of what I was paying in the People's Republic of Illinois...and that's with a heck of a lot more A/C use. Come to think of it, everything's better here!

Where were you in IL? Northern IL has ComED around $0.15/kwh early 2023.

.11009 Here. Farmer's Electric (co-op), so whether or not I like it, I'm stuck with it. My sister (Charlotte, NC) is aghast that I have $300 electric bills July - September. Makes me wonder what her rates must be.

July bill:
WHOLESALE PWR COST 1269 kWh @ 0.080092 101.64
DISTRIBUTION COSTS 1269 kWh @ 0.029998 38.07
BASE CHARGE (does not include usage) 15.00
OPERATION ROUNDUP PROGRAM 0.88 (I'm gonna have to look into this one)
LOCAL FRANCHISE FEE 6.19
SALES TAX 3.22

Here in KC, Evergy (used to have a manly name) rates are 11¢ 12am to 6am---12¢ 6am to 4pm & 8pm to 12am---13¢ peak 4pm to 8 pm. Although by the time all of the baloney sandwiches are added, its close to 20¢ kwh. KC is becoming a expensive place to live.

My last bill was 164.00 on level pay, which varies some, with that being on the high end. Typically around 150. Last summer I got a bill for around 225. It was a brutally hot summer. Entergy is our provider.

I'd rather pay a little more and actually see the grid "fixed"..... for real this time.
If only the inner city authorities would allow back up fuels, it would have been already. But they want the grid to be "at risk" and hoping for blackouts so they rigged it hoping to get the public who does not understand all this to blame our governor.

Back