Test drove a Ford PowerBoost

Just noticed my truck has 2 different length of tailgate cables....ohh Ford.
No, Ford Superduties since late 2019 have had almost zero QC.

Maybe they'll figure it out in a few years when I'm ready to get one. Either that or they bring the Ranger Hybrid here. Either one with the onboard 'generator' is a home run for a person with a travel trailer.

Get a Ram. Don't waiste your money on Ford. Ram is improving and Ford is going down fast. I have run into multiple people with AC issues on 23/24 superduties that have no fix in Texas...uuummmm sure. Near as I can tell a run of bad AC compressors from March 23 through June 24. Dealers have been putting on more affected compressors as they will work for 1,000 miles and then quit again. Dealers then throw their hands up.
I chatted with a guy at Home Depot that had a 24' with 1200 miles on it and no AC
The dealer where I got my tailgate cables had two 24's in there for the same issue and another jumping out of his truck and was drenched with sweat dropping it off.
A 23/24 with no AC in Texas, I'm having it towed..haha

I have a 2017 F150 3.5 NA XLT that I am not looking forward to turning in. I’m holding it until they call and say it’s required to turn it in. They are replacing them with Powerboosts and I prefer the simplicity of my 17. The mileage isn’t any better than my truck, making it an even worse deal overall.

Get a Ram. Don't waiste your money on Ford. Ram is improving and Ford is going down fast. I have run into multiple people with AC issues on 23/24 superduties that have no fix in Texas...uuummmm sure. Near as I can tell a run of bad AC compressors from March 23 through June 24. Dealers have been putting on more affected compressors as they will work for 1,000 miles and then quit again. Dealers then throw their hands up.
I chatted with a guy at Home Depot that had a 24' with 1200 miles on it and no AC
The dealer where I got my tailgate cables had two 24's in there for the same issue and another jumping out of his truck and was drenched with sweat dropping it off.
I saw their is a TSB out for this issue now.

What I found interesting is that not one owner with this A/C problem went and put a review on Edmunds. Not doubting that there was a problem. RAM? I saw there were problem reviews back in 2022. Seems no matter what you do, there is always a risk in getting a lemon or problem vehicle. However, it does seem you need to give Toyota more time with the Tundra. Seems like Toyota’s holding back as long as they can, bites them when they do come out with a new generation.

I don't think many, if any Superduty owners post on Edmonds or the like. There hundreds of thousands of people on the internet that trash talk the 10r60/80/140 and in real life I have never met a person that didn't like or have problems with their transmission other than early shifting which can be attributed to the programming, like myself.
CDF drums,slipping, no reverse...etc. They all seem very pleased with them. The internet would have you thinking they are all dead on the road, in parking lots or piles of them in transmission shops. The opposite of the AC problem in reality, it seems to be everywhere I look in person with the 23/24 trucks

I did see there on the F150 forum that there were A/C problems. Most of the complaints were with 23 models. But even on Edmund none with the problem owners put a review on Edmund’s F-150 reviews either. Likewise, how many are really having this problem? Is there some place more reliable than Edmund to see problems?

Last edited:
Back