Tesla Stock

The UAW has driven a significant chunk of the US auto industry out of America.

Ford was the only company to add union jobs willingly over the last 15 years, and the UAW rewarded them for their loyalty by striking their largest most profitable plants while declaring them, "the enemy".

Farley has already insinuated he's going to exact revenge in the way it hurts America the most- open new plants elsewhere.

You can bet Elon would absolutely do the same.
Keep screwing the local worker and that’s what you’ll get. Time to exploit them in other areas and hope they don’t complain.

I’m not going to pretend to know what their struggles are, but I’m union and most don’t understand mine. I’m paid well because of it, but I don’t have any real standard of life other than a sizable paycheck.

GM decimated Janesville, WI. Screw these fat cats.

TSLA earnings report is expected today. I will watch with interest.
Me too. GM killed it, it looks like PU Trucks and SUV's lead the way. That tells me what the majority of Americans still want. Having said that with TSLA getting so beaten down it might go up, time will tell.

Me too. GM killed it, it looks like PU Trucks and SUV's lead the way. That tells me what the majority of Americans still want. Having said that with TSLA getting so beaten down it might go up, time will tell.
Thanks ! I thought it was to be 8:30 EST
I’ve been in and out of GM for the last year, did ok and bought it back last week.

The UAW has driven a significant chunk of the US auto industry out of America.

Ford was the only company to add union jobs willingly over the last 15 years, and the UAW rewarded them for their loyalty by striking their largest most profitable plants while declaring them, "the enemy".

Farley has already insinuated he's going to exact revenge in the way it hurts America the most- open new plants elsewhere.

You can bet Elon would absolutely do the same.
I have to disagree.
What significant chuck of any manufacturing has not left America?
Your wearing clothes from some other country, your accessing this site with electronics from some other country, your watching TV produced by some other country, chances are pretty good your cooking your dinner and washing your hands with fixtures form some other country. IN fact most all homes are furnished with products from other countries.

IN fact, the USA auto industry is one of the last big ticket items that still is manufactured in the USA and can be parked in driveways across the USA

Why is that? It's not the UAW, thank god for them, these hard working workers can afford to raise a family and live in a home here in the USA. With an average pay of $66,000 to $86,000 it isnt off the wall highest standard of living in the United States Of America but its an ok life.

But back to the facts. US automobiles are one of the last standing consumer products manufactured in the USA
Opening new plants elsewhere will only be following everyone who has already done so for the last 40 years. So how is standing up for workers pay bad, even more so in a Tesla sweat shop? If the worker there think that they are being mistreated they will unionize get their fair share.

I dont understand the thinking sometimes, you pay someone $20 an hour to pour you a cup of coffee at StarBucks or another to flip a burger for you at Burger King, but a guy or girl on an assemble line 8 to 10 hours a day doesnt deserve $35 an hour?

Last edited:
I have to disagree.
What significant chuck of any manufacturing has not left America?
Your wearing clothes from some other country, your accessing this site with electronics from some other country, your watching TV produced by some other country, chances are pretty good your cooking your dinner and washing your hands with fixtures form some other country. IN fact most all homes are furnished with products from other countries.

IN fact, the USA auto industry is one of the last big ticket items that still is manufactured in the USA and can be parked in driveways across the USA

Why is that? It's not the UAW, thank god for them, these hard working workers can afford to raise a family and live in a home here in the USA. With an average pay of $66,000 to $86,000 it isnt off the wall highest standard of living in the United States Of America but its an ok life.

But back to the facts. US automobiles are one of the last standing consumer products manufactured in the USA
Opening new plants elsewhere will only be following everyone who has already done so for the last 40 years. So how is standing up for workers pay bad, even more so in a Tesla sweat shop? If the worker there think that they are being mistreated they will unionize get their fair share.

I dont understand the thinking sometimes, you pay someone $20 an hour to pour you a cup of coffee at StarBucks or another to flip a burger for you at Burger King, but a guy or girl on an assemble line 8 to 10 hours a day doesnt deserve $35 an hour?

Good conversation.

How did supporting the UAW actually help Ford?
What did loyalty buy them?
They were one of the first targeted and declared "the enemy".

Would you keep playing along if you paid the price and were supportive but got hosed?
How should Farley respond?

As a guy that runs a manufacturing company in the US and pays people a living wage I know well the challenges to us. Every dollar an employee or I pay a union boss is a dollar I cant give to them.

I'm not all anti union, some unions do a great job, others squeeze the life out industry, that places it in questionable territory as a value add.

The UAW's track record of corruption and dubious value to the industry it tries to control.

I also dont believe industry should be rewarded for leaving the US, being able to call Mexican built product "American" is not only completely stretching the truth, it an insult to industry that pays more to keep working in the US.

Last edited:
Good conversation.

How did supporting the UAW actually help Ford?
What did loyalty buy them?
They were one of the first targeted and declared "the enemy".

Would you keep playing along if you paid the price and were supportive but got hosed?
How should Farley respond?

As a guy that runs a manufacturing company in the US and pays people a living wage I know well the challenges to us. Every dollar an employee or I pay a union boss is a dollar I cant give to them.

I'm not all anti Union, some unions do a great job, others squeeze the life out industry.

The UAW's track record of corruption and dubious value to the industry it tries to control.

I also dont believe industry should be rewarded for leaving the US, being able to call Mexican built product "American" is not only completely stretching the truth, it an insult to industry that pays more to keep working in the US.
All is good, Im not really supporting anyone but the American worker which votes to be represented. I mean, we are a free people. I also have a son that benefits indirectly from UAW contracts as he works for BMW. Threat keeps non union shops in check.

I understand the challenges of an independent business very well having been in a partnership. Got out years ago but the business it still there, new owners slowly getting strangled by the never ending insane requirements being placed on it in New York City. I used to think it was crazy when I got out gosh, 3 decades ago. I have an existing partnership on the building it is in so I have knowledge of their struggles. They are doing ok but in reality in today's world they might as well throw in the towel and go work for a company. It's insane and sad. That we are at the point in many parts of the country where public servants are literally running your business.

All is good, Im not really supporting anyone but the American worker which votes to be represented. I mean, we are a free people. I also have a son that benefits indirectly from UAW contracts as he works for BMW.

I understand the challenges of an independent business very well having been in a partnership. Got out years ago but the business it still there, new owners slowly getting strangled by the never ending insane requirements being placed on it in New York City. I used to think it was crazy when I got out gosh, 3 decades ago. I have an existing partnership on the building it is in so I have knowledge of their struggles. They are doing ok but in reality in today's world they might as well throw in the towel and go work for a company. It's insane and sad. That we are at the point in many parts of the country where public servants are literally running your business.

New York City....there's a business environment thats gone full mental.

And people are still hightailing it out of there, in record numbers. For reasons like high crime rates, the politics, the homeless, and the cost of living, to name a few.
That and everything causes cancer apparently as it's on every label in California

Fickle market? Ya think? Short term thinking? ya think?
Gee, say you're gonna ramp up the $25K car and the market jumps?
The long term news is far more important; even with a sales slowdown, margins are still the envy of the auto industry. Change over to Highland, fire in Berlin, China issues, Cybertruck ramp... Tesla managed all of it. The roller coaster continues.

1713920324113.jpg

Fickle market? Ya think? Short term thinking? ya think?
Gee, say you're gonna ramp up the $25K car and the market jumps?
The long term news is far more important; even with a sales slowdown, margins are still the envy of the auto industry. Change over to Highland, fire in Berlin, China issues, Cybertruck ramp... Tesla managed all of it. The roller coaster continues.

View attachment 215798
It jump bcs. they made expectations horrid to absorb the news.
Numbers are still horrid.

So I looked into the numbers just now after listening to the earnings call first when driving home. I see that they missed on all the numbers, they have poor guidance, they have inventory piling up and that's considering they cut prices a ton and they also have a 299 lease, have negative cash flows, interest rates aren't going to be dropping during the period before the next earnings it seems yet the darn thing goes up a bunch? Is this being manipulated so it can drop hard tomorrow or at least soon. I've read that the institutions or market makers like to manipulate the trader stocks and they do so in the after hours since apparently it's lower float meaning easier to manipulate but i don't know how much effect that can have.

They were talking about how robotaxi is the future and because of that the future growth is mostly justified on that but i beg to differ. They also said they'd have an "affordable" car but they shelved their newest budget car and claim they can make their manufacturing more efficient but you can't cut costs that much from production efficiency improvement and especially now since this isn't 2017 so I don't know about that. But i couldn't help but notice that elon was being both avoidant of questions and an absolutist when it came to people either being with him in lockstep or not and can go away. I generally like elon more for his stances but i don't know about this one.

So I looked into the numbers just now after listening to the earnings call first when driving home. I see that they missed on all the numbers, they have poor guidance, they have inventory piling up and that's considering they cut prices a ton and they also have a 299 lease, have negative cash flows, interest rates aren't going to be dropping during the period before the next earnings it seems yet the darn thing goes up a bunch? Is this being manipulated so it can drop hard tomorrow or at least soon. I've read that the institutions or market makers like to manipulate the trader stocks and they do so in the after hours since apparently it's lower float meaning easier to manipulate but i don't know how much effect that can have.

They were talking about how robotaxi is the future and because of that the future growth is mostly justified on that but i beg to differ. They also said they'd have an "affordable" car but they shelved their newest budget car and claim they can make their manufacturing more efficient but you can't cut costs that much from production efficiency improvement and especially now since this isn't 2017 so I don't know about that. But i couldn't help but notice that elon was being both avoidant of questions and an absolutist when it came to people either being with him in lockstep or not and can go away. I generally like elon more for his stances but i don't know about this one.
Per WSJ Tesla lost 60% of what would be considered traditional customer base bcs. of his antics.
He is in step with crowd that would never consider EV in wildest dreams.
Genius.

Back