Tesla Stock

Following up from above is a more Tesla specific story, this is very fresh news but I can’t see how it will help and let’s hope when Tesla reports earnings or lack thereof after the close on the 23rd I believe … well … I don’t know. Will be a fun week to watch both GM and Tesla as they report

Following up from above is a more Tesla specific story, this is very fresh news but I can’t see how it will help and let’s hope when Tesla reports earnings or lack thereof after the close on the 23rd I believe … well … I don’t know. Will be a fun week to watch both GM and Tesla as they report
That's going to be interesting. Maybe TSLA will pull it off after the recent meltdown, although in all honesty I'd rather be in GM for this report.

That's going to be interesting. Maybe TSLA will pull it off after the recent meltdown, although in all honesty I'd rather be in GM for this report.
Yeah, call me crazy but the UAW is gunning for Tesla and I think they have a shot. The young workers expect more, I can see a wave of unionization taking place shore to shore. The TN vote was huge, first time since the 1940s a pro union vote.

Automakers pay well but we live in a time fast food workers can earn over 40k a year, that UAW win with the legacies may have lit the fuse. I think the TN vote shows it.

Weak Tesla sales and UAW threat may further turn off remaining die hard investors.

Yeah, call me crazy but the UAW is gunning for Tesla and I think they have a shot. The young workers expect more, I can see a wave of unionization taking place shore to shore. The TN vote was huge, first time since the 1940s a pro union vote.

Automakers pay well but we live in a time fast food workers can earn over 40k a year, that UAW win with the legacies may have lit the fuse. I think the TN vote shows it.

Weak Tesla sales and UAW threat may further turn off remaining die hard investors.
I agree, so you can call me crazy too. My only regret was not holding a recent Put spread on TSLA little longer. I have a feeling things are going to get ugly for a while.

I agree, so you can call me crazy too. My only regret was not holding a recent Put spread on TSLA little longer. I have a feeling things are going to get ugly for a while.
As far as I am concerned things can’t be turned around by Musk and current board.
They need to go before it’s too late and it might already be.

Musk is a visionary, his weakness is he thinks he is a god and he can’t let someone more capable run the show.
He did this at PayPal (before they changed the name to PayPal) He turned into an adversary with the board and the board dumped him when he went on vacation with his wife. PayPal was then born.

What sane person would put up with his current performance at Tesla these past few years? It’s a train wreck. They had the lead by a wide margin and now a stale product line and whacked out truck. The time and money wasted.

We shall see … hope they get it together. Musk has gone off the rails, his success has clouded his judgement

As far as I am concerned things can’t be turned around by Musk and current board.
They need to go before it’s too late and it might already be.

Musk is a visionary, his weakness is he thinks he is a god and he can’t let someone more capable run the show.
He did this at PayPal (before they changed the name to PayPal) He turned into an adversary with the board and the board dumped him when he went on vacation with his wife. PayPal was then born.
Once again I agree. At one point I liked Elon, but never TSLA. Now I don't like him or TSLA, not that it matters. One thing for certain TSLA could be run a lot better than he's running it. In fact I'm surprised he has lasted this long running the show. In any event the earnings report will be interesting.

The UAW has driven a significant chunk of the US auto industry out of America.

Ford was the only company to add union jobs willingly over the last 15 years, and the UAW rewarded them for their loyalty by striking their largest most profitable plants while declaring them, "the enemy".

Farley has already insinuated he's going to exact revenge in the way it hurts America the most- open new plants elsewhere.

You can bet Elon would absolutely do the same.

Visionary? This company has 4 car models that all look pretty much the same and a rolling joke of a "truck". You cannot build a successful car company on that.
I agree but there is no denying the EV industry is what it is today because of him.
It was his vision, production method's and technology that got the entire world on board.

Musk will be the Henry Ford of the EV industry.

If you took the time to read my previous posts you will see in the rest of your statement you are repeating what I already said. He needs to go.

Saying "recalls are common" is just excuse mongering and acknowledging that automakers with more than 100 years experience have produced hundreds of thousands of vehicles in the last few years with very, very serious defects. Like engine fires or steering wheels falling off. Ford is probably the worst. Every one of these defects is costly to the manufacturer.

Sure, sometimes the recalls are for simple things and are done as a precautionary measure. And most automakers experience them. But the kinds of potential catastrophic issues that Ford seems to have constantly are inexcusable and do nothing to inspire consumer confidence.

I don't care one way or another if Elon leaves Tesla and under what conditions. Either he has mentored a team of management people with the same kind of vision he has or not will remain to be seen. But I currently hold several thousand shares of TSLA and can afford to sit on them for a while and wait and see what happens. Maybe the people here who have great disdain for Elon will be right in their views of how things should and will turn out. Maybe not. We'll find out within the next couple of years.

Saying "recalls are common" is just excuse mongering and acknowledging that automakers with more than 100 years experience have produced hundreds of thousands of vehicles in the last few years with very, very serious defects. ...
What other transportation industry is any different? Planes and Trains included.
IN 100 years maybe you can track percentage wise very, very serious defects with Tesla automobiles in the same the same exact years as others. For all we know, percentage wise Tesla has a far, far worse record than GM or any other maker.

People are still buying new Teslas.

When will potential buyers want a refresh of the current models to have then newest body style or they decide not to buy a new Tesla.

Wish I had a crystal ball. I suspect Wed morning the 24th Tesla will make a big move, I just dont know what way that is! I suspect down, but ... people already know they are struggling so if the report isnt to bad it may go up.
One would assume they are in a tough place and earnings report is not going to be good. Maybe better said lack of earnings as the company is in negative growth... but again who knows?

The last couple days and this weekend Tesla has been cutting car prices around the world AND just announced this weekend they cut the price of their self driving software by 33% from $12,000 to $8,000 ...

Really looking forward to GM and Tesla earnings reports. GM because I own it (again as of a week ago ish) and Tesla because I am interested in watching it.
Tuesday the 23rd before the market opens GM will release their report. I expect it to be good because I trust the CEO remarks, we will see. If it's just ok, stock might get slammed.

Tesla reports also on Tuesday the 23rd but AFTER the market closes for the day. SO full reaction will be known until the close on Wed the 24th.

All in all a fun week comming up!!

Last edited:
Wish I had a crystal ball. I suspect Wed morning the 24th Tesla will make a big move, I just dont know what way that is! I suspect down, but ... people already know they are struggling so if the report isnt to bad it may go up.
One would assume they are in a tough place and earnings report is not going to be good. Maybe better said lack of earnings as the company is in negative growth... but again who knows?

The last couple days and this weekend Tesla has been cutting car prices around the world AND just announced this weekend they cut the price of their self driving software by 33% from $12,000 to $8,000 ...

Really looking forward to GM and Tesla earnings reports. GM because I own it (again as of a week ago ish) and Tesla because I am interested in watching it.
Tuesday the 23rd before the market opens GM will release their report. I expect it to be good because I trust the CEO remarks, we will see. If it's just ok, stock might get slammed.

Tesla reports also on Tuesday the 23rd but AFTER the market closes for the day. SO full reaction will be known until the close on Wed the 24th.

I have a feeling this week is going to be a wild roller coaster ride.

I was meeting with my financial advisor today. He's very knowledgeable and trustworthy. Works for a supermajor investment company; everybody here would recognize. Well he is bullish on tech companies with Tesla being top on his list. His view is that Elon is a genius and is guiding the company to become way more than a car maker. So on his recomendation I bought a boatload of Tesla stock. It pains me to admit this move as most of you know my feelings about this automotive evolution.

Did I do the right thing or should I have stayed true to my instincts?

View attachment 177412

car.USNews
How’s he feeling about Tesla now?

How’s he feeling about Tesla now?
I bet his phone along with a lot of other advisor's phones is ringing off the hook, with unhappy campers. He's probably telling his clients this is a normal and healthy for the market, you can't time the market, and sit tight because you're in it for the long term, you'll be fine. Isn't that what they all say?

Everything you need to know.

Back