Tesla Stock

How do you know?

The price of crude has varied between 78.00 and 80.58 in the last 5 trading days. So 3.5% - or double your amount above - on no news? I find it hard someone can attribute an actual number to the Houthi's. What statistical methodology did they use?

Crude jumped when the Ukraine war started, then coated back down. Same with Gaza War. Will be the same on Memorial Day. Will be the same next hurricane that rolls into the Gulf.

Oil price is about supply and demand and cost to produce it. Houthi or Gaza or Hurricane's are noise in anything other than the short term.
And price manipulation, which is part of business.

First quarter is not looking too good for the stock price.

C6A41622-5C0A-455C-B8BD-D1DCFB3F8FE5.jpeg

First quarter is not looking too good for the stock price.

View attachment 208109
Agree but its not just a quarter, how about the last 3 years?
I mean, this is really like a Wall Street Blood bath and the danger of investing in a company with sky high P/E and a product that everyone else already makes with a different engine but how did this company deserve a P/E at one time of close to 100 when its competition was selling at a P/E of 10
Dont get me wrong, nothing wrong with speculation investments, some people made big money if they got out in time but the other poor people who followed the advice of the investment community took a bath in the last 2 years, while the S&P is up 30% and Bitcoin over $70,000

Tesla
Screenshot 2024-03-13 at 3.36.07 PM.jpg

S&P 500 index
Screenshot 2024-03-13 at 3.41.50 PM.jpg

Last edited:
The cult will cheer this dud right into the ground.

"There’ll be zero growth in sales volumes for the electric-vehicle maker this year, Wells Fargo’s Colin Langan said. And in 2025, it’ll be worse yet: volumes will drop."

Musk has said that Taiwan is a part of China the same way Hawaii is a part of the US
As for competing in China - it all depends on whether the CCP wants him to be competitive - which is exactly why he says stuff like this - he can be the token supportive westerner.

As for the Hawaii comments, if when the confederates lost in 1864, they all moved to Hawaii and refused to surrender, that is basically the situation you have in Taiwan - except its only been since 1958. This might be one of the most stupid things Musk has said. Or one of his smartest things - if he wants the support of the CCP.

Things that make you go Hmmmm?

P/E below 40.

Charts still look terrible.

Any takers today?
Unfortunately my Tesla investment has lost enough money that I should have just bought a model Y instead. I'd be ahead. Not a big problem. Just soldier on. I'm confident that when EV sales slump enough that it is clear the government mandates (2030?) for an all electric vehicle country is fantasy the solons at the helm will purchase the entire production and dole them out. Don't fret about the current situation. GSA will ride to the rescue.

You know, 'provide for the general welfare'.

P/E below 40.

Charts still look terrible.

Any takers today?
Don’t take my statement too serious, sometimes I wonder if Tesla will survive.
Here in the USA the electric vehicle market is already starting to plateau and that’s all they currently sell.

Overseas in Europe and China, of which China was always the gravy train for Tesla, every Chinese company along with every mother and brother are coming out with electric vehicle models including one of the largest cell phone companies over there.

I truly believe the company should sell in a multiple average of what the auto industry already does. It would place it around a PE of 10 to be fair being they are missing their numbers by a huge margin of what they just stated two years ago.
With that said, maybe the company will be successful going into something other than electric vehicles.

Once again, I’m not saying Tesla is a bad company. I’m just giving my reasons how now even at a low multiple that I thought I might be interested I know no longer am which most likely means somebody else will make a killing with it! LOL

It’s been stated many times. I have no issues with electric vehicles, other than the taxpayer credit. However I just think the Tesla models are stale compared to what the legacy makers around the world are coming out with and for some reason, a company that I thought could ramp up new vehicles in record time, seem to take forever.

The media is a very powerful force in today’s society. Electric vehicles used to be the darlings of the media and now the news media has done a 180 on them, which can be hard to overcome in the world with many people can’t think for themselves anymore.
Click below
EV euphoria is dead. Automakers are scaling back or delaying their electric vehicle plans

Last edited:
Unfortunately my Tesla investment has lost enough money that I should have just bought a model Y instead. I'd be ahead. Not a big problem. Just soldier on. I'm confident that when EV sales slump enough that it is clear the government mandates (2030?) for an all electric vehicle country is fantasy the solons at the helm will purchase the entire production and dole them out. Don't fret about the current situation. GSA will ride to the rescue.

You know, 'provide for the general welfare'.
Tesla too big to fail? That is wildly optimistic. Given Elon's ketamine flooded brain has flip flopped often and shown so much hypocrisy I would not be surprised he would beg for a handout.

Tesla too big to fail? That is wildly optimistic. Given Elon's ketamine flooded brain has flip flopped often and shown so much hypocrisy I would not be surprised he would beg for a handout.

Hasn't he received enough government handouts?

And once again many people on this forum fail to consider Tesla as a company and TSLA as a stock has the potential for very substantial revenue streams at very profitable margins from other business divisions besides their EV sales. And that those revenue streams should be starting in the next 2-3 years.

Other auto makers do not.

If you have TSLA stock in your portfolio and can afford to sit on it for a few more years you'll be glad. If your brains can only comprehend P/E ratios of their EV production and what is seen as flattening demand for those EV's and you have EDS (Elon Derangement Syndrome) then you can be glad you aren't supporting the company.

...you have EDS (Elon Derangement Syndrome) then you can be glad you aren't supporting the company.
Lot of that floating around on this forum, almost all from the same few malcontents. Alarmguy, I don't include you in that list, as your views, while I don't always agree, are reasoned, and your logic explained. And it's not all one-sided.
FWIW I have bought Tesla stock and sold it within the last 2 years. Made a very good return by following the buy low, sell high rule. I have no sympathy for the buy high sell low crowd, but I do appreciate their assistance in financing my retirement.

The fundamental issue on this thread, and individual investors in general, is they mistake the difference between good companies and good stocks.

Tesla as a company, may or may not succeed beyond everyone's wildest dreams

Tesla as a stock, may go up or down based on some set of factors, many of which are momentum and sentiment. Tesla currently has neither. That can change rapidly as has been seen, but there is no catalyst currently.

I think the EV luster has worn off. Possibly for now only - .it could come back in the future for some number of reasons. Whatever businesses Tesla as a company may or may not engage in at some point in the future are irrelevant - those markets don't exist today and the Tesla valuations already have those priced in if they do. They undoubtedly have a lot of technology that has use beyond EV's, but most of those are going nowhere without public funding.

So they either need to improve earnings or hope for a broader EV market revival. The smartest thing they did is not take on a bunch of debt, which will serve them well going forward.

Full disclosure - I have never owned TSLA individually (outside an ETF). I probably will never own a Tesla car unless I get a used one cheap. I would be happy to own TSLA stock, if it gets cheap enough. No debt. Good cash flow. My kind of outfit.

Tesla fell out of the top ten for market cap for the first time in over a year, though as we know with such volatility that can change in an hour. I mean, look at where we are with a P/E of 41 compared to close to 100 in the last two years. I think the mentality of any company that produces EVs is instant success is fading.
One must not discount the fact that can also beat up the EV market (USA only) is a roll back of EPA restrictions on gasoline cars with a change of administration. It's actually a campaign pledge by the contender. (NO politics) These are considerations that may temper the EV maker until an outcome is known. AS the EPA was using its power as a way to force change into EVs, removal of their policy by an administration change (as promised) can affect the stock price.

"**Tesla** dropped out of the top 10 biggest U.S. companies by market capitalization yesterday."
Source https://www.wsj.com/livecoverage/st...cap-top-10-Yw4RH6d6mp1rt0eZO0QK?siteid=yhoof2
It's been shown that the USA doesn't have to go nuts and ban ice vehicles. It doesn't have to be all or nothing. Volvo just unveiled a new diesel engine that has been tested to significantly reduce soot, and diesel emissions.

It's been shown that the USA doesn't have to go nuts and ban ice vehicles. It doesn't have to be all or nothing. Volvo just unveiled a new diesel engine that has been tested to significantly reduce soot, and diesel emissions.
Variety is nice and it doesn't have to be EV to be efficient. There's a recent list of the top ten least eco friendly vehicles and the EV Hummer made it on there for the amount of rare earth metals, overall road wear and tear, and it's general inefficiency because of its weight. Sure most were trucks anyway, but that's more to do with weight overall being more materials to make and more energy to move.

Screenshot-2024-03-14-at-1-53-27-PM.png

Screenshot-2024-03-14-at-1-54-04-PM.png

Screenshot-2024-03-14-at-1-54-20-PM.png

Source: https://www.aceee.org/greener-cars

Variety is nice and it doesn't have to be EV to be efficient. There's a recent list of the top ten least eco friendly vehicles and the EV Hummer made it on there for the amount of rare earth metals, overall road wear and tear, and it's general inefficiency because of its weight. Sure most were trucks anyway, but that's more to do with weight overall being more materials to make and more energy to move.

Screenshot-2024-03-14-at-1-53-27-PM.png

Screenshot-2024-03-14-at-1-54-04-PM.png

Screenshot-2024-03-14-at-1-54-20-PM.png

Source: https://www.aceee.org/greener-cars
You know what's interesting? Tesla isn't anywhere on the "Greenest list". Wasn't it Elon that kept spouting how "green" and "environmentally friendly " Tesla is?

Back