Temporary airbag module bypass.

I have the front seats out of my car for an upholstery upgrade at a shop, but I still want to do some electrical work on my car and connect the battery back without triggering the airbag light. (Having the extra room in the interim is very handy).

What ohms/watts resistor can I stick into the yellow harness to trick the ECU during this time? Thanks.

Many vehicles require a smart module for the airbag bypass to avoid someone using a resistor as an airbag bypass.

PASSENGER AIRBAG SEAT OCCUPANCY SENSOR EMULATOR​

s-l1600.jpg

Why not just buy a scan tool that does air bags for under $100? Some airbag connectors have a built in shorting bar that won't disengage unless the mating connector is inserted. Just sticking the ends of a resistor in the connector won't work.

Why not just buy a scan tool that does air bags for under $100? Some airbag connectors have a built in shorting bar that won't disengage unless the mating connector is inserted. Just sticking the ends of a resistor in the connector won't work.
If that's the case then I can cut off the female connectors attached to the old seats that are in my man cave being used as gaming chairs. Lol! It's a 1999 Toyota.

If that's the case then I can cut off the female connectors attached to the old seats that are in my man cave being used as gaming chairs. Lol! It's a 1999 Toyota.

Just find and unplug the airbag module. You'll probably get a light on the dash, but it won't store any codes.

Back