Techron and added fuel.

I am treating my elantra with a tank of techron, before i change oil later this month. I added a bottle of techron complete fuel system cleaner 20oz to my tank. I had used about 1/3 of a tank, when this fuel nonsense started.

Being on call this entire week, i needed to make sure i have fuel , so i filled up the tank. Almost 5 gallons.

So , should i just roll with it, or should i add another bottle of techron i have on the shelf?

The elantra holds almost 13 gallons.

Thanks.

The target treat rate for techron is 1oz/gal.

Figure out your techron per gal ratio before, then figure out how much Techron you really have in your current tank. If it's still within 1oz/gal you should be okay.

Edit: my math says you should have about 12.3oz of techron in your tank right now. That is close enough to 1oz/gal. I think you are fine.

Just roll with it. I don't think there's any benefit to adding to an empty tank vs a 2/3 filled tank if you're just going to fill it up after adding it. It'll mix in just the same.

20 oz should be fine. As The Critic said, 1 oz/gal is their target, but you won't hurt anything by going up on that ratio a little bit. 20 oz for 13 gal will just make a little stronger mix but not so much that you'll hurt anything. I've used 20 oz in my 13.2 gal tank several times.

Back