Tec 582 ceramic spray wax

Right after you finish doing the vehicle it feels slick. But after a few hours or overnight, it feels even slicker. I also think putting it in the sun after finishing causes it to cure faster.

30 days life seems really short when there are so many good options that last 6 to 8 months.
It's a quick detailer product not a coating that's supposed to last. If you have a coating on your vehicle, it will preserve it. After I wash and dry I go over it with the Tec 582 as a quick detailer.

It's a quick detailer product not a coating that's supposed to last. If you have a coating on your vehicle, it will preserve it. After I wash and dry I go over it with the Tec 582 as a quick detailer.
Exactly. It is a product that you use to add some gloss, hide minor defects and slickness between your two-week washes. Slight dust magnet. Cleans up the water marks that you left behind from drying. Not even sure if it adds any protection.

And his test proves my point. Most of the products on that hood advertise 6-12 months of durability, yet almost all of them are dead by the 6 month mark.
And my point is why use a product that lasts 30 days, when there are products that can improve gloss, are hydrophobic, and don't require monthly reapplication? If that works for you, great. I prefer something that only requires reapplication every 6 to 8 months. Saves me time and money. There are some products that can last 8 to 10 months such as Griots 3 and 1 Ceramic Spray Wax, and NuFinish Graphene Spray Wax. One just needs to do some research. The fact that some fail after a few weeks or months really doesn't prove anything. Whether most products don't last is not "proving your point"...simply don't use those. The information is out there, you just need to find it, or do your own testing to find the ones that last.

Can Coat lasts over 12 months, repeatedly in real world testing. Its a bit more expensive, but for a spray and wipe off product, that is pretty amazing performance.

Last edited:
There are similar quick detailer products on the market that combine both attributes. A quick detailer to add gloss, while also adding mild ceramic protection. I have been testing Griots Garage Ceramic Speed Shine, and it is pretty awesome. I keep it in my car for quick touch ups of bird droppings, tree sap, or bug spatter. It has now replaced my other quick detailer products I previously used.

And my point is why use a product that lasts 30 days, when there are products that can improve gloss, are hydrophobic, and don't require monthly reapplication? If that works for you, great.
Mainly because most washes would benefit from a post-wash wipedown with a QD anyway, so if one is going to spend the time to do that, you may as well apply a sealant.

Mainly because most washes would benefit from a post-wash wipedown with a QD anyway, so if one is going to spend the time to do that, you may as well apply a sealant.
Agreed, that is where the Griots Ceramic Speed Shine would come into play. Detailer with mild ceramic protection.

Can Coat is a stand out product. If it wasn't for CC, I'd likely go back to a sealant. For as easy as it is to apply and how durable it is, it's almost a no brainer. Blows away all spray sealants. Holds up for at least a year. Arguably the only product out there that actually exceeds its own durability claims.

I am hoping DIY comes out with a Can Coat competitor. If you don't like swirl marks, you're going to have to polish in a year or two regardless. So long term coatings are not necessarily preferable. The sweet spot is the 1-2 year mark.

Can Coat was the first product I ever used that retained up to 95% of it's beading performance for a solid 12 months. All sealants I used would degrade in a few months. Griot's strength is its durability. Every else about it is very average.

This guy (now works for Esoteric) has tried many coatings and was asked what would he use now, being he's tried so many. He said he'd buy a white car; use Can Coat on everything and call it a day lol.

Can Coat, followed up with Wet Coat makes for a quick, easy wash.

Right now using Ech20 diluted 1:15 as my QD. Very versatile product as well.

1685621325651.png

Last edited:
"bro" it's only $60.00 and will last as solid 12-18 months. :ROFLMAO:

For $3.33 a month you can have top notch beading from this Korean K-Pop brand. Act now.
$60 for 12 onces freaked me out, so i went with the gallon of tech582 for $41 lol

I guess ill give it a once I run low on the tech 582

$60 for 12 onces freaked me out, so i went with the gallon of tech582 for $41 lol

I guess ill give it a once I run low on the tech 582
I was just joking. Nothing wrong with using Tec582 often. :) (y)

I’d put Tec582 into the same category - but the cost is significantly less.
Maybe, maybe not. People are saying Tec582 lasts around 30 days. I have Griots Ceramic Speed Shine on my truck going on 3 months and still is hyrdophobic and looks great. It sits outside too, not garaged.

Back