Tec 582 ceramic spray wax

It is excellent. Very glossy, fills extremely well - doesn't streak. Definitely buy it by the gallon - it is very inexpensive. Lasts 4-6 weeks, on average, so use it with each wash.

I use Technicians choice 582 after every wash. It is excellent stuff. I use it when the car is dry.

Does this stuff cause a problem if you get it on the glass or on vinyl aka "rubber" trim? The instructions say to clean the surface (including clay barring) before using this. If the surface is clean not Uber-clean will this magnify the flaws in the paint or cause other problems?

Does this stuff cause a problem if you get it on the glass or on vinyl aka "rubber" trim? The instructions say to clean the surface (including clay barring) before using this. If the surface is clean not Uber-clean will this magnify the flaws in the paint or cause other problems?
No. If I recall it works great on glass/rubber/plastic trim.

Thank you for this thread. It made me do a panic purchase again. I got 2 gallons for $19 each locally. They were $13.99 in 2019 so im not complaining.

Last edited:
I would also be interested in seeing what Malo83 thinks about the product. I just used it on sat to do a burgundy car that is in need of a paint enhancment, and it improved the gloss to a level that you can now live with. Also double backed it onto a silver vehicle that still has excellent paint and it took the gloss to another level. It really pops now.

There is one thing I have noticed about this product as well as others, the gloss will increase after it cures 24 hrs.

I would also be interested in seeing what Malo83 thinks about the product. I just used it on sat to do a burgundy car that is in need of a paint enhancment, and it improved the gloss to a level that you can now live with. Also double backed it onto a silver vehicle that still has excellent paint and it took the gloss to another level. It really pops now.

There is one thing I have noticed about this product as well as others, the gloss will increase after it cures 24 hrs.
I am almost done with my gallon and have to agree with the above comments. Very good gloss, but I think it contains a lot of silicone for filler; it fills defects exceptionally well. It reliably adds 30 days of protection.

Yes to the curing.

I just got it today and using it as a topper over my nanoskin T3 ceramic coat. I love the slickness and gloss. I'm gonna let it cure for a few days b4 I try the water test.
20230525_171921.jpg

Back