Tc-w3 in gas engine

i´ve seen some options, like semisyn and full syn.
big jump in price, worth it ?? or just buy cheapest?

what i read so far, it´s nice that it will clean pistons so well. i hope on lpg it will be not a pile of dirt in chambers to clean.

Not sure if Ashless means no zinc
imho, every metal should make ash.
since the dosing is 10x less than in 2stroke, cats should be fine.
btw, how many manufacturers says 1l oil /1000km is "ok"... 💡 ashwise, that should be worse than tcw3

eyeballed ~500:1
after few minutes driving i could feel nvh reduction-- (not a big amount noise because using tungsten oil. that alone helps a lot.)
3cyl idle - you will know engine running...nvh is now less.
funny that in beginning everything was like less friction, but later it felt like more friction.
i presume piston gunk got etched by esters , and now they seal some more. engine braking got stronger a bit..:oops:
less noise , also when pushing hard. imho climbs faster to revs (?)

Last edited:
eyeballed ~500:1
after few minutes driving i could feel nvh reduction-- (not a big amount noise because using tungsten oil. that alone helps a lot.)
3cyl idle - you will know engine running...nvh is now less.
funny that in beginning everything was like less friction, but later it felt like more friction.
i presume piston gunk got etched by esters , and now they seal some more. engine braking got stronger a bit..:oops:
less noise , also when pushing hard. imho climbs faster to revs (?)
Huh.

I've used tcw3 in a 98 Corolla I had. Gained some mileage. I don't know any YouTube vids,before and after,borescope image of pistons after tcw3..made engine run quit n smoother though.I got best gained mileage,with MMO and Lucas ucl.

Would be hard in any engine to get the mixing ratio accurate at the pump as it's very unlikely you would get the mixture right. I'm not throwing it out as something that doesn't work,but does it return a positive net gain after time,cost,etc. If so then great! I refuel whenever I see fuel at a reasonable price during this crisis so there isn't a way to accurately apply it.

Would be hard in any engine to get the mixing ratio accurate at the pump as it's very unlikely you would get the mixture right. I'm not throwing it out as something that doesn't work,but does it return a positive net gain after time,cost,etc. If so then great! I refuel whenever I see fuel at a reasonable price during this crisis so there isn't a way to accurately apply it.
This is not a problem for me.
I carry 4 oz plastic bottles of TCW3 with 1 oz graduations marked on them. My gas tank is 21 gal, when the fuel light comes on it takes just under 20 gal of gas, at 1/3 tank 15 gal, 1/2 tank 10 gal, and 2/3 tank takes 5 gal. It is pretty easy to get a close mixing ratio. Close is close enough.
Early-on I determined that using TCW3 gained me about 1 mpg. Not a lot, but good enough to pay for itself.

That has been my observation as well ... approx 1mpg gain for our Honda and Acura V6 applications when using TC-W3 at 1oz per 5 gallons. It pays for itself.

I carry those little 4-oz graduated bottles, too. Yes, "close is close enough."

Have been using TC-W3 for years. Sarge on the LS1 forums started the ball rolling on this, for me at least, with THIS THREAD.

OF

In the original long thread about using TCW3 in the Corvette forum there were many people experimenting with various brands and types of TCW3 and the consensus conclusion was that it didn't make any difference weather the oil was dino, synthetic blend, or synthetic. They all worked about the same.
Not true I find a noticeable difference using mystik All In One Tcw3

WM carries the Pennzoil Semi - Syn TC-W3 and the Super Tech TC-W3 , so if both are acceptable and meet the same specification I would just buy the least expensive one .

WM carries the Pennzoil Semi - Syn TC-W3 and the Super Tech TC-W3 , so if both are acceptable and meet the same specification I would just buy the least expensive one .
Those are the common TCW3 thin blu oil MyStik All In One is very dense violet oil never seen on the market so dense TCW3

The oil meets the TCW3 specific, what I'm saying is the quality is superior to the other brands and is not expensive as well.
The Pennzoil is a really nice blue and I like blue better than violet. So Pennzoil is better.

Back