Takata Airbag Settlement

That web link is a mass of non-information!

How much are they giving BMW owners and what they supposed to do with their cars??? I see that some auto manufacturers are simply telling the car owners not to drive their cars! Is Takata going to replace the old air bags with new, safe ones?

FWIW the dead line for BMW to apply and to be included in the class action settlement was 2022 and I never got notification or joined the settlement.

*looks at vehicles in signature*
$145 each :oops:
I've got at least 3

I should look into this further :eek:
I suspect the time is up for getting a settlement. You would have had to join the class action suit before it went to court. Now that it has been decided, settlement paid by Takata, and distributed, it's too late to get in on the action.

Wow this is still an issue?!! 😂

I had a loaner car for 4 mos in 2016. I actually was ok driving a 328i but the steering was the worst ever (F series). I had it 4 mos while some had them 1 yr+.

The part installed was temporary and I think a year later the permanent one came in. I remember the tech left these green handled German star tools in the car.

I eventually got a check for like $400.

I asked the enterprise, can I get a receipt? Dude goes we don’t usually give them since the dealership is billed. I go ok but I’d like one to prove I returned the loaner car. Ok.

I look at it and it says $9,6xx. I said very funny but the dealer doesn’t pay that. Enterprise goes that’s exactly what they pay.

BMW has such deep pockets. 😄

I received a check for $97 a couple of days ago. I'd completely forgotten about the settlement after having the airbags in my CR-V replaced in 2016.

So while on this topic my question is the people that had affected vehicles......are they fixed now with replacement airbags?

So while on this topic my question is the people that had affected vehicles......are they fixed now with replacement airbags?
Yes it was 2x. The first airbag, for me was available so that means they would like these folks to come in, get the temporary repair, and return the loaner car. I was ok with keeping the loaner and delaying. It’s miles on a loaner and not mine, albeit a 328 auto. That was 4 months. Then the next year the permanent fix was available. I delayed it and recall I had an outstanding blower motor recall as well. Timing was good for me as my abs Dsc hydro failed while I had the loaner and since it was off the road I had time to fix it and had a car to drive. The agreement was if provided with a loaner said owner is not driving their car (liability).

I was a bit vain at first. One woman goes, nice car! (2016 328i x drive no sport and flat black). I told her, “Oh, this isn’t mine! It’s a takata loaner!” I didn’t want anyone to think I’d drive a 328 that was awd, not a stick, and no sport pack hahahahahahahahahahaha 😂

That's actually a respectable settlement.

Now, if Honda and all the other manufacturers can just get the last of the holdouts to bring their cars in for new airbags, that would be something.
Buddy is an SM at a Honda dealer, and they were paying the dealer to go customers house, and knock on door, and ask if they could do bags right there in the driveway......because people would not bring them in.

Just got a second check today, $50. I guess they disbursed what was left.

Back