T6 5w40 for SnowKing 8hp ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
JTK, I'm pretty sure they design the splasher/dipper on splash-lubed units with the following considerations:

1) The size and shape of the sump ... where do they want the oil to go?
2) The operating RPM of the engine.
3) The viscosity of the fluid they are splashing about at operating temp.

That's when an XW30 should be better than a XW40 for engines that do not see extreme heat.

For OPE engines enduring hard use during summer heat extremes, I still think 15W40 is a good choice. And Cujet uses Mobil 1 15W50 to make his machines last in southern Florida.

For snowblowers? I'm still convinced an XW30 is probably the best choice. That's why I use Yeti Blood.

Originally Posted By: CDX825
Also these engines do run pretty hot under load. The muffler on mine will turn orange hot and any snow that gets on the head melts and quickly boils off.

Your muffler should not be "orange hot." You're either running really rich OR you exhaust valve isn't seating fully.

Originally Posted By: AandPDan
Originally Posted By: CDX825
Also these engines do run pretty hot under load. The muffler on mine will turn orange hot and any snow that gets on the head melts and quickly boils off.

Your muffler should not be "orange hot." You're either running really rich OR you exhaust valve isn't seating fully.

Guess I should clarify the whole thing isn't glowing orange but there will be an orange circle seen on it when its dark.

Only does it though when clearing heavy snow. Been like that for years and I can't see any reason to mess with it. Runs good!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back