Syphoon?

This would be great, if Ford did it, and did it right. It's time for another small performance truck. Just a concept in somebody's mind right now, but imagine how good it could be. I'd like to see them skip the 2.3 and go right to 2.7.

This would be great, if Ford did it, and did it right. It's time for another small performance truck. Just a concept in somebody's mind right now, but imagine how good it could be. I'd like to see them skip the 2.3 and go right to 2.7.

Meh, its a great idea, but in the end I'd choose a full size if I was buying one, no matter what the performance specs and price point were. I agree with the 2.7 idea. Make it perform like a 2.3 with two more cylinders! If they could make the 2.7 Eco boost push power like the 2.3 in the mustang, that would be a sports truck for sure. Say, around 400 hp, and a performance suspension. Some people would certainly buy that instead of a mustang for sure. I'd still want a GT though, I've had plenty of trucks in my life, I see them as expensive tools now.

Yikes, 2.7. Have you seen those shoehorned into the Bronco(Ranger Sized) engine bay? Even the 2.3's are a jumbled mess of stuff in a bigger bay, and the Maverick is an even smaller/FWD platform.

Would be cool, don't know if you'd get any reliability out of that much power and that drivetrain though.

The 2.3 Ecoboost can be built to some pretty impressive numbers. I would put a wrap on it to make it look like a RC car and a big fake antenna on the roof.

Back