Synpower Redline mix

Status
Not open for further replies.
Honda Civic 06. (4 Qrt)
I went for an oil change when I had about 12k miles on this car and gave the mechanic 4 quarts of Redline 5w-20 to change the oil (first time for redline). He changed the oil and after he started up the engine, oil started pouring down from where the filter was attached (he forgot to fasten the filter). I had no more Redline oil left to add, so he added almost 2 quarts of Valv. Synpower 5w-20. So far I have driven about 2500 miles with this mixture and I was wondering if such mixture would be a safe way to go or should I change the oil since it has a mixture of two different group based oils.
confused.gif

I wouldn't sweat it. The Synpower might have actually improved the oil for street (non-racing use).
tongue.gif

He should owe you the difference between what the 2 qts. of Synpower cost him and what the 2 qts of Redline cost you.

You just created your own boutique oil!
blush.gif

You might be on to something here. UOA in the future please...

Thank you for all the replies. I am thinking of doing 3/1 Synpower/Redline for my next oil change.
As far as doing my own oil change, I'm afraid my oil changing days are over.
PS: Am I alowed to post a link to a hot Synpower deal? You would actualy end up making money on this deal.

Quote:

PS: Am I alowed to post a link to a hot Synpower deal? You would actualy end up making money on this deal.

Start a thread at the Product Rebates, Sales and Promotions board here at BITOG. That would be the board where all the oil sales info gets mentioned.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back