Switching to Mobil clean 5000

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was looking at dino 5w-30's this weekend for a few cars that I take care of. Decided to go with the Mobil clean 5k. I can get a 5qt jug at wally for $11 (vs $13 for YB) The oil is SM/CF GF4 rated and meets the GM, chrysler and ford specs for conventional oil. No other Dino 5-30 is "C" rated also. I'm givin it a shot in my tacoma in about 3 weeks. See how it does on a 5k OCI which is all I can do. For filters I plan on running White Purolators on all the cars, but for my tacoma I plan on running the FL400S is which "oversized" but closest to the OEM toyota filter size. OR a L20195 Purolator.

If it's anything like the synthetic is will perform very well. $11 is a good price it's almost the same price as synthetic up here so not worth it in my opinion...

Keeps us updated, maybe post a UOA.
20.gif

Clean 5000's 16% more detergent additives than needed to pass GF-4 is a nice bonus:)

I do believe AUTOZONE has this (Mobil-5000) on special w/ filter 5 qts/$12.99 today only.

It's a sleeper oil. Been using it in my Saturn and it has been fine.

Originally Posted By: H2GURU
I do believe AUTOZONE has this (Mobil-5000) on special w/ filter 5 qts/$12.99 today only.
True that.

$11.00 for 5qt jugs is a good price on a name brand oil. My only complaint is no 5w20 in jugs. IMO, they could sell more if they would add that to the product line.

Still though, it is generally the best priced name brand oil in quarts at Wally!

yup. and the only DIESEL rated 5w-30 dino oil also from I could find. Granted, it's a old diesel rating... but hey, still has somin, better than no diesel rating I'd think.

What year and engine do you have in your Tacoma? I have an '06 w/ 4.0L V6 and run the recommended sized Purolator white oil filter with good luck. I am interested in using an "oversized" filter. Let me know what will work. Thanks!

I also have the 4.0 V6 in my taco. they all take the same. 2005+. You can run a L20195 or FL400S. The listing for the 4.0 from Wix & purolator is the old 3.4L shortie filter. In my opinion they are not cross referencing the filters right.

I'll have to try the larger oil filter. I now use the L10241 that the PureOil site references. I've had my Taco for 34 months and put 79,000 miles on it. I use Valvoline 5W30 and the engine is very quiet.

I've been using Mobil Clean 5000 in my 4Runner and I love it. Seems to be a very good oil and is like a buck cheaper per quart than the others. But I'm a Mobil fan anyway so I may be a bit biased.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back