Switching to 5w30

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like to drive my 2022 wrx pretty hard
@edyvw gave you some solid advice. So did @Pablo. Even with nitpickers and people who choose to run a different oil, there’s not anything data-based that could be used to shoot holes in either of those oils’ performance and how they would work in your use case. Either one will be more than capable, and likely cheaper than that Motul.

Personally, I’d never run any oil with “fuel economy” in its name in my turbo engines.

@edyvw gave you some solid advice. So did @Pablo. Even with nitpickers and people who choose to run a different oil, there’s not anything data-based that could be used to shoot holes in either of those oils’ performance and how they would work in your use case. Either one will be more than capable, and likely cheaper than that Motul.

Personally, I’d never run any oil with “fuel economy” in its name in my turbo engines.
I'm pretty against Amsoil tbh. I know it's a good oil bit there are a lot of good oils and I just can't stand the amsoil push. I don't see myself buying it.

I'm actively looking got euro oils that ALSO meet ilsac gf-6a. Idk if it actually exists.

I'm pretty against Amsoil tbh. I know it's a good oil bit there are a lot of good oils and I just can't stand the amsoil push. I don't see myself buying it. I'm actively looking got euro oils that ALSO meet ilsac gf-6a. Idk if it actually exists.

So there it is, what a shocker.

You’d rather have some sort of weird and contrived criteria rather than something that’s actually a good answer.

I'm pretty against Amsoil tbh. I know it's a good oil bit there are a lot of good oils and I just can't stand the amsoil push. I don't see myself buying it.

I'm actively looking got euro oils that ALSO meet ilsac gf-6a. Idk if it actually exists.
I think I provided one Amsoil link. Mainly because I used it 4 years in my WRX. I also posted 3 criteria with nothing about Amsoil.

I have NOT pushed Amsoil on you.

There is only one reason to be against Amsoil, and that is the price.
Well maybe the lack of evidence of its superiority, but that's debatable.
Just stop caring what other ppl try to push or fanboy hype. Not worth paying attention to.

Last edited:
Just stop caring what other ppl try to push or fanboy hype. Not worth paying attention to.
Nobody’s “pushed” anything, and if OP’s not going to care, why ask questions in the first place? In that case, insert head back in sand and follow the OM.

OP posted with a “wish list” that’s literally impossible to meet, along with already having chosen a couple oils that didn’t answer any of the underlying questions he was seeking to have answered.

A couple oils that met the more important criteria that were posed, including use case and temperature expectations. If valid, well-qualified options are capriciously discarded, why bother wasting everyone’s time?

Nobody’s “pushed” anything, and if OP’s not going to care, why ask questions in the first place? In that case, insert head back in sand and follow the OM.

OP posted with a “wish list” that’s literally impossible to meet, along with already having chosen a couple oils that didn’t answer any of the underlying questions he was seeking to have answered.

A couple oils that met the more important criteria that were posed, including use case and temperature expectations. If valid, well-qualified options are capriciously discarded, why bother wasting everyone’s time?

That was general advise, not pointed at anybody.
Seems like really stupid to be against something solely becasue of price.
Could be applied to the euro-oil mafia aswell.

Maybe SP if you can run a 40 …

I wish. For you 6L!

I will ask again. I asked a long time ago. People who need only 4 quarts, can buy 4 qts. Tough to carry gallon jugs and 5 qt jugs.
Have said many times it should be gallons - a standard unit - and my 8 quart engines be sumkindofwonderful like that …
Gallons work for 6 quart engines too - 3be2OCI 😶

Buy three gallons and use for two OCIs.

The Amsoil Euro 0w30 I bought last sumer did not come in a gallon size. I bought 18 quarts, but waited because a couple times each year, Amsoil Inc runs a Free Shipping Month. Our Kia uses 4-1/3rd quarts each oil change. So I bought enough for four OCIs.

-----------
There's no need to tell any member here - that they are now on Ignore.
Just Do It and be done with the indifference.

Pablo when you going to start selling real 5L jugs instead of these almost 4L jugs.
Need 5L to do an oil change. So I would have to buy 1gallon and 2qts :eek:

I have never let the size of the packaging of an oil determine whether or not I was going to buy it. It's impossible to cater to every single oil capacity out there, so in most cases you just need to buy an extra jug and pour out what you need from it and save the rest for top up and to go towards the next interval. I have saved a bunch of empty 1L bottles over the years and that helps me as well in terms of measuring out what I need (and keeping in the trunk for topping up as well)

I have never let the size of the packaging of an oil determine whether or not I was going to buy it. It's impossible to cater to every single oil capacity out there, so in most cases you just need to buy an extra jug and pour out what you need from it and save the rest for top up and to go towards the next interval. I have saved a bunch of empty 1L bottles over the years and that helps me as well in terms of measuring out what I need (and keeping in the trunk for topping up as well)

Would agree, but in this case the price is already an inhibiting factor, this just makes it even worse.
qts are priced higher per unit of volume.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back