switching to 15W40

Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel the Rotella T oil will work just fine in your gas motor. I have ran both the 5W40 and 15W40 in motorcycles with great sucess. It is some pretty tough stuff.

quote:

Originally posted by sbc350gearhead:

quote:

Originally posted by Motorbike:
Originally posted by sbc350gearhead:
[qb]
"Developed with 100 percent Pennzoil Purebase® base oil, Pennzoil Long-Life Heavy Duty Engine Oil is also an extra high performance engine oil designed for diesel and gasoline engines that require the use of a premium heavy duty engine oil. Long-Life was one of the first oils to exceed the stringent performance requirements of the API CI-4 classification, Global DHD-1, Cummins CES 20078, and it has received Mack EO-N PREMIUM PLUS approval. Pennzoil Long-Life Heavy Duty Engine Oil provides excellent protection in diesel engines for both on- and off-highway applications, including EGR diesel engines manufactured after October 2002."

Sure sounds like a group II.
Here it says formulated
with Purebase so that does not mean it's 100% group II . Pennzoil Synthetic was marketed as " with Pennzane " . How much Pennzane was in it ?

http://www.pzlqs.com/Tech/Pdsheet/DomesticMarketing/EngineOils/pdf/LongLife.PDF

I believe they use some group I to help prevent additive fallout like the Delvac 1300S does and other oils using moly. In oils other than synthetics not to include Royal Purple street synthetics this is the norm and the word mixture in their MSDS pretty much tells the tale .

Even some synlubes speak of " excluding the additive pack carrier oil " in both the product decription sometimes and their MSDS's .

[ April 26, 2004, 07:44 PM: Message edited by: Motorbike ]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back