Switched electricity provider in PA

Last time I checked, maybe 2 mos. ago, all the competitors to PECO were far higher. This implied to me it's a total market with brokers, because PECO is usually higher, but the benchmark.

They charge 10.1 cents per kWh, and managed to switch to 5.9 cents per kWh, which will save 4.2 cents. I have probably thrown away $20 by not switching sooner. Usage is low this time of year.

Terms are no contract, no fee, 12 mos. lock. At least by summer, when the AC is running, this may save north of $25/mo.

This is just the electricity....PECO still charges 7.7 cents per kWH to deliver it, on top of the 5.9 cents.

I'll take whatever savings I can get! :)

Interesting that you can choose your supplier. I just looked at last month’s bill and your switch would’ve saved me $83. We don’t have an option here but our delivered cost is less at 8.9 cents per KWh for me last month. It will go up a bit for summer rate on the next bill.

Same here 8.9 cents total costs with Inspire. (All inclusive)
But I am seeing new rates now much higher. I switch every 1 to 3 years depending on the contract term.

Wow that is cheap! Our's went up to $0.259 in the Winter and its just about to come down for next month.
there is also a 7¢ per kWh delivery charge, so actually 32.8¢ per kWh, total .

You may likely recall @gathermewool many posts as he is mainly electric powered.
We are gas and oil and electricity here. Oil fired boiler heat. All went way up! The greedy energy providers all jumped on the "stick it to John Q. Public" gravy train. The biggest shaft of the 21st century. Follow the money, look at their revenue and net.

Terrible, Terrible, Terrible.

Ohio power (AEP) was pretty reasonable @ 10.5 cents per, and Co-Ops were available. We're still holding on here in Florida, at least with FPL, but Duke (panhandle) is higher. FPL has put in a lot of solar, and of course tried to screw over the public with it, but so far were holding around .14/kwh. if you divide it out, excluding taxes and fees.

Wow that is cheap! Our's went up to $0.259 in the Winter and its just about to come down for next month.
there is also a 7¢ per kWh delivery charge, so actually 32.8¢ per kWh, total .

You may likely recall @gathermewool many posts as he is mainly electric powered.
We are gas and oil and electricity here. Oil fired boiler heat. All went way up! The greedy energy providers all jumped on the "stick it to John Q. Public" gravy train. The biggest shaft of the 21st century. Follow the money, look at their revenue and net.

Terrible, Terrible, Terrible.
Yeah ours is really $0.16 out the door, but there is 0-5 cents to be saved by switching. Last time I checked there was no savings, the incumbent was 5-7 cents cheaper…

adjustment bill came in, damage is $18.13 wasted from not switching before using central AC.

It was actually 10.312 cents per kWh. New rate $0.059. Used 411 kWh.

There's an additional 7.813 cents per kWh for delivery on top of the 10.3 and 5.9.

Look at the bright side, we did switch before the cooling season, less 2 weeks.

They were slow to switch it, though!! I've seen as little as 3 business days, 4th day completed. This time, signed up 6/24, didn't complete until July 5! It actually could very well be lots are switching and they need to read all the meters (I don't know if electronic or what).

edit--even though the 5.9 cents supply charge is same as pre-pandemic, the delivery charges are about 2 cents more. So overall, still 2 cents more than 2019, at a total of 13.713. I get there's not a lot we can do about utilities...

Last edited:
Back