Switch from Full synthetic back to blend.

We have a 2017 Ford Escape with a 1.5l Ecoboost. During warranty we had the oil changed at the dealership and I think they used Motorcraft syn blend 5W20. The last time the oil got changed it was at the muffler shop we frequent and they put full synthetic in it. Will it hurt it to put syn blend back in it ?
No but I'd sure as heck dump it at 3k, EB engines are very dirty and even a full synthetic should be changed every 5k on them.

What's wrong with synthetic blend? I'm currently using a synthetic blend in my F-150. I drained M1 out of it and now have VML synthetic blend. My next OCI could be M1, VML, NAPA synthetic blend, or Chevron Supreme synthetic blend. I have plenty of all (3) from those WM discount oil prices last year online. And the NAPA oil was BOGO FREE.

What's wrong with synthetic blend? I'm currently using a synthetic blend in my F-150. I drained M1 out of it and now have VML synthetic blend. My next OCI could be M1, VML, NAPA synthetic blend, or Chevron Supreme synthetic blend. I have plenty of all (3) from those WM discount oil prices last year online. And the NAPA oil was BOGO FREE.
Your 4.2L is does not use direct injection nor is it turbo charged, both of which are very hard on oil, on any turbo charged engine you care keep for a long time, synthetic is really the minimum.

Your 4.2L is does not use direct injection nor is it turbo charged, both of which are very hard on oil, on any turbo charged engine you care keep for a long time, synthetic is really the minimum.
I don't see a problem using a synthetic blend 5W30 in a DI turbo engine. If it's changed every 3K-5K miles, INCLUDING the oil filter, why not use a synthetic blend? Sure, full synthetic is better, but if someone WANTS to use a synthetic blend, why condemn them?

We have a 2017 Ford Escape with a 1.5l Ecoboost. During warranty we had the oil changed at the dealership and I think they used Motorcraft syn blend 5W20. The last time the oil got changed it was at the muffler shop we frequent and they put full synthetic in it. Will it hurt it to put syn blend back in it ?
No . what made you think switching would be bad?

I don't see a problem using a synthetic blend 5W30 in a DI turbo engine. If it's changed every 3K-5K miles, INCLUDING the oil filter, why not use a synthetic blend? Sure, full synthetic is better, but if someone WANTS to use a synthetic blend, why condemn them?
Duration of the drain is not the only issue. The oil must be able to provide adequate deposit and wear protection, even for a short interval.

Why would you want to? Just to save $2 or $3?
At Jiffy Lube today:

CCD23E9E-EE30-4896-9A24-B5F231796EF9.jpeg

But would they have gone to 500K?
Irv Gordon went over 3 million miles in his 1966 Volvo on Castrol GTX conventional. First engine rebuild at 680,000 but that was just because Volvo wanted to see what it looked like inside. There was no mechanical need to do so from what I've read. Could a car of today accomplish that kind of mileage or was simpler better?

Back