Interval question

Hi guys happy new year! In a 2021 ford Escape with the new 1.5l 3 cylinder ecoboost engine. What interval would you change at using Motorcraft blend 5w20 and all freeway use? 100 miles a day all freeway. I appreciate any opinions 🙂

Probably every 4k miles to be safe. No need to stretch the intervals longer . The EC engines can be a little tougher on oil than NA engines.

100 miles on the highway daily? what do you do exactly. And if thats the case i wouldn't be afraid to do 7k but to be sure id get one analysis with tbn after 5k just to see how fuel and tbn is but metals wouldn't matter in a break in.

Also why ford motorcraft blend. Do you plan on doing only dealership oil changes or just the free one.

If you're worried about ford wss spec there are a lot of good oil that are better and cheaper with the spec like quaker state full syn. Even if it doesn't meet that spec and you have an issue i doubt ford could prove it failed from the oil. Most of the time they just check to see if its sludged or not if it doesn't have a dealer maintenance record.

Also i thought the ecoboost engines used 5w-30 while the non turbo ones used 5w-20.

That should have an oil life monitor that'll take into account the driving conditions, so I'd be inclined to follow it, especially in this case -
it sounds like one of the easiest potential use cases for a car.

A few years ago QuickLane was charging $25 for a synblend oil change and $50 for full synthetic(without rotation). In case he's taking it there or a shop.

This is 2021 not 2011, why use a blend when full synthetic is the same price or just pennies more?
Fomoco blend is $22 at walmart. Ford wss rated QSFS is $20. Valv syn blend and QS syn blend is wss rated too but $15-16. Supertech is $18 but not rated. All reg price. Ford's smoking rock if they think i'll pay more than $15 for it.

Follow the manual recommendation and get a UOA and readjust if necessary. I run the severe service interval for 2X times then run the " Normal cycle change and get the UOA on this one. Ed

100 miles on the highway daily? what do you do exactly. And if thats the case i wouldn't be afraid to do 7k but to be sure id get one analysis with tbn after 5k just to see how fuel and tbn is but metals wouldn't matter in a break in.

Also why ford motorcraft blend. Do you plan on doing only dealership oil changes or just the free one.

If you're worried about ford wss spec there are a lot of good oil that are better and cheaper with the spec like quaker state full syn. Even if it doesn't meet that spec and you have an issue i doubt ford could prove it failed from the oil. Most of the time they just check to see if its sludged or not if it doesn't have a dealer maintenance record.

Also i thought the ecoboost engines used 5w-30 while the non turbo ones used 5w-20.
I have about 8 free ones left. I cant do it myself as I'm injured.

That should have an oil life monitor that'll take into account the driving conditions, so I'd be inclined to follow it, especially in this case -
it sounds like one of the easiest potential use cases for a car.
The oil life monitor lets it go between 9 and 10,000. That makes me nervous as it's not even full synthetic.?

Back