Switch from Full synthetic back to blend.

We have a 2017 Ford Escape with a 1.5l Ecoboost. During warranty we had the oil changed at the dealership and I think they used Motorcraft syn blend 5W20. The last time the oil got changed it was at the muffler shop we frequent and they put full synthetic in it. Will it hurt it to put syn blend back in it ?

No problem whatsoever. The baseline spec is to use synblend oil and you can certainly use an oil above that baseline if you so desire.

I have a Ford Bronco Sport for a work vehicle and it has the same engine, I personally would prefer to use a more premium product but my company just pays for whatever the Ford dealership puts in.

We have a 2017 Ford Escape with a 1.5l Ecoboost. During warranty we had the oil changed at the dealership and I think they used Motorcraft syn blend 5W20. The last time the oil got changed it was at the muffler shop we frequent and they put full synthetic in it. Will it hurt it to put syn blend back in it ?
big-huge-no-disapproval-poster-concept-d-bold-red-background-demonstrating-negation-idea-actio...jpg

Your screwed. Hope u have good insurance. 🤣🤣🤣

Change it yourself. It’ll be less than 30 bucks, with a good filter and oil. Dealers are charging what, $100+ for a full synthetic change?

Obviously the cost differential between conventional and full syn at a dealer/quick lube is $40-$50, not a few dollars.
Wow! I've never used a dealership or a quick lube place, and therefore never priced the cost of a change with them. Seems excessive to me. I suppose they use the synthetic tag as a way to upsell.

I think if I owned a 1.5L 4-cylinder ecoboost in this car market that is now is out of warranty I'd find the first sucker to pawn it off on and buy something else that doesn't have the high possibility of coolant intrusion.

Back