Supertek filters gasket

Status
Not open for further replies.
When I took the filter off, the gasket stuck to the engine. I did not see it or feel it when I put the new filter on. Found out I have a good oil pump. Spit out all the oil in the engine in just a few seconds. I was sitting in the car, listening to a strange sound. Sounded like fluid - I thought coolant - being sprayed out.

I am glad I have a check out procedure.

Still, I like these filters. The engine in my little *** car sounds smoother with these oil filters. (They have more holes - pass more oil (?) than the Fram).

Did you forget to run a drop of oil around the exposed gasket face before mounting the previous filter? (might account for the gasket's sticking upon removal...) I've never had a gasket sticking problem with SuperTech filters. Maybe your recent experience was just a one-off fluke?

Rare, but it happens. Had that happen with a Motorcraft FL1A last year. Only lost about a qt. of oil before we caught it. Hosed down the engine with Simple Green and the driveway with Purple Power. No harm done.

Dave,

Accept no fault for old gasket sticking, and it WILL happen no matter what brand. Give ten-to-one odds you look at old filter and mounting area in the future!
grin.gif

Bob

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back