Mitsubishi Oil Filter

Almost time to change my oil and picked up a Mitsubishi Oil Filter and drain plug gasket at the dealership, The oil filter is Made in Thailand by Denso, Filter part number: MZ690072, My Suv is a 2017 Mitsubishi Outlander with the 2.4 engine.

Oil Filter Price: $7.98
Drain Plug Gasket: $2.68

My go to oil filter is Fram tough guard that costs $7.45 at Walmart, For that price might as well pay a few pennies more and buy a Mitsubishi oem oil filter.

IMG_1087.jpeg

IMG_1088.jpeg

IMG_1089.jpeg

IMG_1090.jpeg

IMG_1093.jpeg

IMG_1091.jpeg

IMG_1092.jpeg

When I bought my Outlander in 2015 new it had one of these filters on it. It was gorilla tight. Needed a wrench to wrestle it off. Since then the engine has had a steady diet of Puro One, Bosch and Wix filters. 83K miles now. Might put a Denso branded filter on it some day. Neither I nor my Mits has ever been in the local Mits dealer. Just no need yet. Reliable vehicle.

When I bought my Outlander in 2015 new it had one of these filters on it. It was gorilla tight. Needed a wrench to wrestle it off. Since then the engine has had a steady diet of Puro One, Bosch and Wix filters. 83K miles now. Might put a Denso branded filter on it some day. Neither I nor my Mits has ever been in the local Mits dealer. Just no need yet. Reliable vehicle.
I’ll agree, The Outlander 2.4 engine is very reliable. That engine has been around for years, A long time ago I had a Mitsubishi Galant with that same engine as my daily driver and I delivered pizza part time. I had over 200K miles and she still ran good after I sold it to a friend.

I’ll take a look at rockauto for Bosch oil filters and stock up.
Current Bosch Premium from RA and Amazon now made in Mexico and have not looked good in posted anecdotes. Based on that I'd pass if I were you. The US made like 3323 were excellent IME but they are gone now.

Topic filter looks like Toyota Thai Denso OEM except with blue adbv.

^^My friend's had 3 of them and nary a complaint.
Last I heard, a geared transmission required you get a 6 cyl. The 4's all came with a CVT.

What I'd like to know is if Mitsus' hybrid system(s) is/are any good.
Haven’t heard too many issues on the hybrid outlander’s, Nothing mechanical from the outlander forums, I changed the filters and Cvt fluid every 20K miles and no problems.

Haven’t heard too many issues on the hybrid outlander’s, Nothing mechanical from the outlander forums, I changed the filters and Cvt fluid every 20K miles and no problems.
What Outlander forum are you using? I have found one but it barely has any posts.

When I bought my Outlander in 2015 new it had one of these filters on it. It was gorilla tight. Needed a wrench to wrestle it off.

Same story with a relative's Outlander Sport 2.4L. Now that I think about it, every factory filter I've dealt with was stupid right.

That car is a short tripped city beater so it lives off Kirkland 0w20 and Wix, Fram EG and now Hengst filters (ie whatever is cheapest from RA).

Any thoughts on CVT fluid service intervals? I already changed out the factory fill transfer case and rear differential fluid at 10k miles.

Drain Plug Gasket: $2.68

$3 for a crush washer? Sheesh! I would've reused the old one :LOL:

Back